Mk5 R32 - Anyone planning to get one?

MattR32

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Red - I think I'll wait a little bit too partly because I've just bought a new car and it's daft to sell it right now plus I need to save a bit so I don't have a loan around my neck.

I'm not suprised you love your GTI if you had a mk4 1.6 before it - What a difference!

BMW - 320i, 323i, 325i, 328i, 330i, 520i, etc, etc?

Keep your eyes peeled guys, the delivery of new Demo R's to all the dealerships in under way. It'd be good if the TSN'ers that scurry around the UK motorway network keep their Digital Cameras at the ready for the transporters carrying the R's.

This time next week the nationwide deliveries should be nearly completed...... 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I've been told (although not confirmed) that a January delivery is likely. Has anyone heard any different?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you Spec the car with loads of extras, January will be unlikely, so I'm told. Also, manual cars will arrive before high spec'd DSG models. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I am first on the list having ordered a couple of months ago - dealer has said although January is a possibility the more likely delivery is going to be February, or possibly March.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am much the same with my order and I am resigned to a late March delivery (anything sooner will be a bonus). There is a pecking order apparently, you'll know how good a relationship your Dealership has with VW by the delivery date you have confirmed!! No orders are being received by VW UK at present and indeed Demo's are a "take what you're given" scenario!! shocked.gif

Me neither! Enjoy it as soon as you can....Does someone buy your R32 for that much more because it has an 06 plate? The exact age of the car is on the log book anyway. It's not worth missing out on your enjoyment for even a month. I could have waited a month more to gain a perceived plate 'advantage' on my new Mk5 GTI but didn't and wouldn't ever do so.

Literally a few days meaning 2 or 3 perhaps, but not a no-brainer for 30 days/1 month in my opinion. Selling a car like an R32 on a 55 or 06 plate isn't going to make significant difference to a purchaser when the log book shows it as a very late 55....It's an enthusiast's car and it's far more important what its condition is and its service history. There's always going to be a newer car on offer than yours or mine mate.

Surely you don't buy a car like this with its resale value foremost in your mind, do you? - If so, then each to their own but perhaps you need some life and death experience to appreciate that every day counts....Enjoy every single day you get.

Now that does look good, how can someone throw a photochop like that together, and VW give us the R32 in Mk V form.

I still feel like they have not given the customers what they want, the Mk IV R32 was the performance hatch back to have at the time, and i personally can't see where VW have improved it, the mkiv looked good and had the performance it needed, the new mk v misses both those criteria, very very poor VW smashfreakB.gif