700bhp BMW Motorsport X5 LeMans!!!!

NewNiceMrMe

Anyone who has received and read this quarters BMW Magazine must have spotted this!

Ulrich Bruhnke, President of BMW's M Division has revealed that the company has a prototype Motorsport version of the X5..developing a whopping 700bhp by using the V12 engine out of the BMW V12 LMR that won Le Mans in 1999.

The prototype was called the X5 Le Mans and has been driven around the Nurburgring by Hans Stuck at a time 'below the magical 8 minute barrer'.

The paragraph closes by saying "..if the market demands a high-performance X5, then we can do it."

Right then, petition anyone?!!!

He also says that the M6 is the best M car he has ever driven, whilst he retains a love for the M3 CSL.

[ QUOTE ]

Ulrich Bruhnke, President of BMW's M Division has revealed that the company has a prototype Motorsport version of the X5..developing a whopping 700bhp by using the V12 engine out of the BMW V12 LMR that won Le Mans in 1999.

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif I'm sure I remember seeing the LeMans X5 at Goodwood Festival of Speed in 2002 - I also seem to recall it was reduced to being a 2 seater as the engine was in the rear?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif I'm sure I remember seeing the LeMans X5 at Goodwood Festival of Speed in 2002 - I also seem to recall it was reduced to being a 2 seater as the engine was in the rear?

[/ QUOTE ]

The car was first shown in 2000, and is powered by the same engine that won LM in 1999! Hers a link .....................................

Wow, fantastic and very distinctive V12 noise. Only thing I thought of though after watching the vid is that with the amount of X5s on the road and the number of X5s that wiz past you at every opportunity they have, it would seem really odd to have one go by you sounding like that. Cant fault the V12 though....very desirable....but its and X for crying out loud!! Lucky bugga who gets dropped off to school in one of these!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...