White is back…

CabGirl

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

White is back and white's the new black.

Some cars look better than others in white but in general it's fine. There's also the white racer heritage with hints of lightweight titanium dioxide pigments but that's a surefire n/a on my lardy but speedy BMW 740 smile.gif

Anyways. See what you think of this three of a kind.

29313-2.jpg

mini.jpg

e30m3.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

KF is that the pearlescent TVR white with that fantastic purpley flick in it? 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I didn't take the pic, and I've not seen that before - it sounds awesome so it probably looks even better.

Somehow the trick paint jobs look OK on Tivs, most cars can't carry it off

ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

My mates brother had a pearlesent white MKI Golf GTi 20 odd years ago and that used to get so many comments it was unreal.

[/ QUOTE ]

The MkI Golf did look good in whit but that was an almost perfect piece of design. The same goes for the TVR above and the BMW, as for that X Type, it simply proves my point. If a car is to look good in white it has to be a fantastic design. As for black, all cars look good in black because it hides any design goofs. coffee.gif

Tian....I owned one.....you NEVER should buy one.

Unless you want everything to break, everything to get more unreliable by the day, nil driver feedback, nil build quality, nil intuition auto-box changes, nothing like the power Jaguar/Ford claim, totally sh1te dealer service and residuals that fall further than a bloke called Mallory on Everest.

Oh, and on the 2.5 V6 you'll need to tow a small middle east country around behind you in order to refuel 4 times a day. The very most I ever managed was 19 mpg doing 56mph for an hour. You'll find fuel consumption is a major gripe with all X-Type owners. The only ones that haven't discovered it is a flaw as of yet are those that haven't got more than 10 miles in it because of it's constant breaking down.

You could say that, although it would be somewhat of an understatement. I had it just over 6 months - and they were the most painful 6 months of motoring I have ever had.

I planned getting rid of it after 3 months, but spent the next 3 months actually persuading anyone to give me more than £4.95 for it.

A lad I work with bought one of the first 3.0 x-types and he only got 12mpg out of it!!!

Also lost nearly £10k in 4 months too, and he has a forecourt.

He bought it because it was a younger, good looking Jaguar that I guess everyone thought would be alright.

[ QUOTE ]

Not being arsey at all, but MrMe, why did you buy it? Was it the idea, or the brand or the dealer?

I only ask so we can all avoid future (expensive) mistakes 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What an arsey git. Man makes a straight point you you get all bent out of shape. grin.gif

Chris, all I can say is the black one I see looks so sweet I almost look forwrad to spotting it on the way in to the office. I'll take your comments on board though. wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

What an arsey git.

[/ QUOTE ]

We've all been tempted by brands/salesmen/peers etc. I don't mind the X type & if I was lookin for a saloon, the X type would be a serious contender... I just wanted to know what masked your decison making so all TSNers could be aware before they buy! 169144-ok.gif

I had a black V6 2.5 X-type, and actually loved it. BUT - agreed with the comments re fuel consumption, hence me now having an A4 1.8T 163 Avant ( one of the best cars I've evr owned ) - which is brilliant on fuel. I didn't lose out on the Jag either as it was quite high spec.( lucky I guess )

Not sure about the X-Type - a family friend had one and it failed it's first MOT for something serious even with all the required servicing done at Jaguar!

As for white cars, I see quite a few around Bradford and Leeds area. A symbol of success and purity in Asia and there are plenty of X5s, Mercs and Porsches around the area in white, they look nice when clean but otherwise not so great!