Not happy

rowley

Not very happy at all.

Just been onto my dealer and got through to the sales manager. I ordered my car 7 weeks ago, now apparently the build date is now set as Week 5 next year.

So if it does get built in week 5 next year, and say 4 more weeks to get to the point of collection by me, that will be a total of 23 weeks from order to collection (and I think thats being optimistic)

Is that normal? I'm guessing theres nothing I can really do, as other dealers will be in the same position. To be honest its not the fact that its been massivly delayed (well it contributes) its the fact that the dealer only told me today after dragging it out of the sales manager. I'm just pissed that they didn't keep me in the picture.

Annoyed! At least it may well be an 06 plate by the time it comes..... sportifs2.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rowley sorry to hear about this.

I ordered about the same time as you, and was being quoted delivery in March. But luckily they had a cancelled order which I could spec up with delivery in Jan. I too was naive in that this is my first new car and was initially willing to wait for March delivery, but must of been lucky.

But next time I will make sure I will ring around before I commit.

Thanks guys.

When I ring up another dealer do I just simply ask "Do you have any allocation left for a GTI?" As I wouldn't want the same thing to happen again

Yeah I realised recently the door mirrors only half fold in, I thought they would have been an up and over affair like the BMW's. They come with the surrounding area lighting though - quite a nice touch I thought....

Cheers!

[ QUOTE ]

When I ring up another dealer do I just simply ask "Do you have any allocation left for a GTI?"

[/ QUOTE ]

yes mate, exactly that. If they have a slot they will instantly say so and quote 10-12 weeks. If not they will fill you with all sorts of dung.gif

including the classic "no dealer has a slot, VW UK are totally sold out" but DON'T buy it, not until you've phoned around.

Try Linclon VW (andy elliot i think his name was) he was a good guy! 169144-ok.gif

Just about bright enough to see the puddles!

It's difficult to say really because the xenons are almost blinding when you unlock the car and they come on.

The dimming feature is great, it works really well but the only downside is when they go really dark it's difficult to tell if there's a police car behind you. sekret.gif

Hmmmm am phoning around a few dealers, not getting much joy. I think even if I do find one now, 12 weeks from now will be middle of february anyhow, so I may as well stick with Warrington VW.... disappointing though...and very pissed off with the salesman. Do you think I may be able to get anything off or thrown in for free for a car that will have taken 24 weeks to be delivered?

I suppose I may be able to spec the factory fitted IPOD kit now that its week 5 next year?

[ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm am phoning around a few dealers, not getting much joy. I think even if I do find one now, 12 weeks from now will be middle of february anyhow

[/ QUOTE ]

Mate, if they don't have a slot, they won't even order your car until at least january. And then all dealers will have allocation... which means there should be lots of discounts around! 169144-ok.gif

phone VW Customer services (01908 679121) and ask them when the 2006 allocations will be available to order, then add your 12 weeks onto that.

You could even ask them if they know of a dealer with slots left... might be worth a punt! 169144-ok.gif

Andy - You can switch off the rear view mirror dimming feature (I think you already know this) with a button just under the mirror surround.

LeMan - Puddle lights aren't especially strong and you don't get blinded by the Xenons when you approach your car while remotely unlocking. The Xenons do a very cool little dance. Puddle lights are not much use except to help you read your key fob options in the dark....Very cool looking though. The gals go "Ooooo..." the first time they walk to your car with you! It's the GTI's way of saying "Hel-low, how you doen?" a la Joey from Friends.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Andy - You can switch off the rear view mirror dimming feature (I think you already know this) with a button just under the mirror surround.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, but last time I did this I think the person behind thought I was giving them the bird!

[/ QUOTE ] jump.gif