Forge blow-off valve (dump valve)

dimma02

That's the big difference with this new valve - Being controlled by the ECU it can be farting a lot of the time according to circumstances. Listen before you buy is very good advice from Schemeloong. I can see the point of a slightly louder exhaust as a driving aid but this valve is just for a sound effect and I cannot see the benefit. But, each to their own.

By the time someone with a standard Mk5 has spent money on a Caractere GTI look-a-like nose, GTI badges, wheels, and sound effects, they could have saved for the real thing.

There is a GTI here in S.A fitted with the valve. The valve deos not replace the current one it's fitted inbetween. Just makes a better sound(close to the subaru)which IMO sounds great, some heads will turn when the car makes that distinct hissing sound.

hi oz, off topic but yes, sidewalks are becoming more and more popular, surprisingly less than melbourne though, given the great but humid weather we have up here!! you can find strips of sidewalk places in most areas now, even in the city! but mostly in milton, west end, the valley, and new farm. do a drive up here sometime, it would be a great experience i'd imagine with the gti!!!