Buttons on the MKV steering wheel

gjowen

It does say in the handbook....

"(4) Button to open the menus in the combi-instrument and to switch between the menus".

The above is page 20 of Booklet 3.1, with illustration of MFS wheel and under heading Multi-function steering wheel "Applies to vehicles with multi-function steering wheel".

Am still waiting for a call back from my dealer!!

Robin mensioned in another topic that a picture i posted answers another thread question about the buttons i think he ment this thread (not read all the thread so sorry if its a repeat of something someone else has already posted) so heres what i posted on that other thread.

spec2006-3.jpg

Its a memo sent to the dealers from VW about the 2005-2006 spec changes. This is page 3 of 3.

Hope this helps.

Geoff.

[ QUOTE ]

Do the buttons on the wheel operate the cruise control if your have this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know about the Mk5 R32, but my cruise is operated via the end of the indicator stalk. Unlike my old Mk4 R32, there is no speed reduction button, just speed increase. frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

....Huh? That's strange - My multifun wheel came with Cruise although I didn't want it! 2006 spec built 11th July 05.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">Red </font>, didn't want it either and will hardly ever use it.

Can you control any part of it from the wheel buttons? As I thought it was only on the stalk?