Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vw55olf

Golf v 5 R32 configurator now live

35 posts in this topic

Oh god I can't wait to see what I'm going to come up with...

what a joke, just specced one up with DSG, leather, 6 disc changer, rear parking sensors, winter pack & luxpak and it came to £28,200.

Thats a joke for a GOLF imo, pick up a decent 2nd hand m3 convertible for not much more.

Is there a configurator? I just see some specs and basic prices? I thought I'd be able to tot up the horrific cost of having an R32 to a spec I might like wink.gif

yelrotflmao.gif You probably all chose those seats, pushing the price past £45k and sending the site into meltdown!

confused.gif i think im blind! searched all the links on the site given .. found nada!

someone tell me how to get there pleaaaaaaaase!

[ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif You probably all chose those seats, !!

[/ QUOTE ]

You could be right Molly. I've just been reminded that these seats are more expensive than a 3 piece suite for the house!! grin.gif

Ditto. One thing, if you choose a Multi-Function steering wheel, you cannot have Cruise Control? confused.gif

Yeah

Does anyone know if cruise is included with the Multi wheel. Maybe the GTI guys know?

[ QUOTE ]

Cruise is an option - it is operated from the indicator control

[/ QUOTE ]

but acccording to the configurator, you cannot have multi function steering wheel AND cruise control....it's one option OR the other and NOT both.

Is this correct?

Whats with the VW site..... just hangs and then tells me its not available!

frown.gif

try vw.co.uk then see if the r32 links take you there 169144-ok.gif

might be if your computer doesnt have the proper flash settings or something like that.

or maybe vw just got fed up with everyone clicking cancel when they saw the final cost Flush.gif

Aye, I've been to vw.co.uk and volkswagen.co.uk. Usually have no probs with them but since this configurator thread went up, I can access either!

smile.gif

Definately sounds like vw are fed up with site overload and nobody showing an interest at the final stage, wonder why with 30K an ave price for decent spec suicide.gif

Hold onto those MKIVs boys, looks like the Config thingy might be showing the 'true' cost of the MKV R32 and its putting some people off.

smile.gif

Maybe the server that the configurator is sitting on has passed out? It must have seen the final price figures it's bringing up. tongue.gif

What's the correct IT Computer speak for "their Server has melted"!! yelrotflmao.gif

The current demand on the server is outside its optimised parameters .... please try agian later jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

What's the correct IT Computer speak for "their Server has melted"!! yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe "Facked" the most often quoted / used IT geek term, as in

User: "What wrong wi' ma PC?"

Helpdesk: "Its facked mate!"

smile.gif