Maybach Review

Woppum

Well there is not to much to say really except wow! It is so quiet, fast and comfortable. Much more so than you would expect, it ride like it is floating and no bump or road surface can protude in to the fantastic looking cabin. The car really looks good, not really flash, but not really discreet either. It draws attention, but i think most people just don't know what it is, they slow down, get a good look, but i recon most just pass it off as a big American car or possibly a concept or new merc?

The car is 2 tone, as you can see and i think that helps compliment its size well, it doesnt look like a slug like the other ones i have seen. It is definitely in my opinion a better looking car than the Phantom, Arnage, and the Flying Spur.

The toys, well there is DVD's for each rear seat and one for the front. 4 climate controlled zones. Huge head phones, rear camera which tells you where to steer!! lots of phones and bits....

He had always had S-classes before this, has never liked the glitsyness of the Rolls or Bentley (but tested them both thoroughly before making his decision), so he is familiar with most the technology and ergonomics, which is really a benefit.

Erm, dont really know what else to say on it... O except it is feckin quick! As fast as a Conti GT I believe!! And as there is no noise and you ride high, you find you are closing in on speeds around double the speed limit (on the motorway) while thinking you are doing half that!

Great piece of kit! 169144-ok.gif

Picture054.jpg

Picture055.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Picture059.jpg

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG. That is not a rear set. That is a fecking lounge.

Woppum, that's seriously impressed me (interior anyway).

I still think the Phantom is a much better looking car - but there is no denying that the Maybach is a very accomplished 'ultimate' luxury car.

I love the picture of it parked outside your house (I presume it's your house cos' of the R32 on the drive)....because it looks as long as your house is wide!!!!!

It's HUGE!!!!

Yeah they dove it to my house, which is made to look very small by the Bach! I think he chose good colour options, the walnut and the camel in leather and suede compliments it well, and the 2 tone makes it look that bit more special.

Glad you like it though, he was very woried about what people think, dosent want to bring attention to himslef etc, but so far the comments and peoples reactions have been very positive. But hes only had it a week. 169144-ok.gif

Hes nearly 80 now and very computer illiterate, a mobile or turning on the telly phases him so there is little to no hope of him learning all the controls. But he is pleased with it. SO quiet. I took him up to town toady to do a little x-mas shopping, and on the way out another 2 tone 57 drove past! I gave him the thumbs up and he returned it 169144-ok.gif The brakes are very jerky though. The car ways three tones and it has 2 sets of callipers per front disc so it is understandable, but it may wear in i suppose?

I hate to be the disenting voice here, and I'm sure what it does is deeply impressive, but feck me thats tasteless! Look at that brown dash with nasty bits of Woodulike on the dash and (for some odd reason) the steering wheel!

Picture070.jpg

It's a great car I'm sure, and no doubt it's quick, quiet, and probably the best car in the world for covering distances.

But ye gods it's had a taste bypass!

Nice house though Wopps! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I hate to be the disenting voice here, and I'm sure what it does is deeply impressive, but feck me thats tasteless! Look at that brown dash with nasty bits of Woodulike on the dash and (for some odd reason) the steering wheel!

Picture070.jpg

It's a great car I'm sure, and no doubt it's quick, quiet, and probably the best car in the world for covering distances.

But ye gods it's had a taste bypass!

Nice house though Wopps! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take some closer pics tomorrow cause I think its nice sekret.gif. I know its not to everyones taste though, like Marmate you either love it or you hate it! beerchug.gif

They were on the back seat windows too but he got them taken out. The car will go to a coach builder to fit regular s-class curtains, which are manual instead of electric, but offer a material which you can see through. He likes to block the sun, but still be able to see out the window 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Ahh yes, net curtains, the finishing touch. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not its true. Hes a funny lad my dad. He has had a piece of wood made that keeps his briefcase open when he is being driven. You see he likes to use the briefcase as a table while he is being driven, and he doesnt want it closing on his hands yelrotflmao.gif