Maybach Review

Woppum

Interesting post(s) Sam. I guess that picking a car from the rear seat is a very different experience!

165k in seven years is good going. I bet not too many of the Maybachs have covered that sort of mileage. Presumably that means your dad still takes and active role in the business at 87 - fair play to him +++

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the Ghost, but then I also like the Phantom.

Around a year ago a Ghost approached from behind on the A1 at speed. I couldn't get because I was in a line of traffic. Once it cleared, I applied about 80% of power on the throttle, got past the traffic, and pulled in. The Ghost went past about 0.5 seconds later and was gone in no time at all.

The Maybach is really looking dated these days isn't it, can't imagine it'll hold much value, probably turn up on a council estate somewhere once it's sold!

Love that rolls, can't think of much that would compete with it?

Its running in to money now. I have no idea who will buy it, it's not a cheap car to run.

I think you'll find it'll still be worth a fair lump of money.

I'll guess a minimum of £25,000 on the table from the dealer, probably much more (wouldn't surprise me if it was £35,000).

You really think it'll be worth that much?

Can't see it myself, I can't for the life of me think who'd buy it?

It'll not be bought by anyone with enough money to employ a driver, and that's it's market, you don't buy a Maybach to drive, you buy it to be driven.

I can only see it being bought by a night club bouncer instead of an ageing S-Class Merc with Ebay AMG badges stuck on to park in front of his council house, and on the double yellow lines in front of 'his' night club.

Do Maybach do a buy back scheme to keep them from falling into the hands of the above and tarnishing the image?

Yes, I do. How many Maybach's do you see, especially on council estates?

Woppum, perhaps you could give us an idea what it goes for? i.e. closer to £10k or closer to £30k, or that kind of thing, just so we get an idea without prying too much and to see whether I've over-egged it or not.

Well I'm genuinely surprised at that, still can't think for the life of me who'd buy it?

As you say MrMe, rarely see them on the roads these days (although they were never exactly common), which is what prompted my question about Maybach buying them back?

I've just had a look on the Maybach website and, erm, what can I say, not exactly moving with the times are they, the cars look like cheap Chinese Mercedes rip offs and appear to have gone through virtually no evolution since Wopps dad bought his, I'm sure they are still a nice place to travel though.

I reckon you should keep it, and do something daft with it, like strip it out and track it, or take it rallying, I reckon TDK could make a good story out of that!

Well I'm genuinely surprised at that, still can't think for the life of me who'd buy it?

As you say MrMe, rarely see them on the roads these days (although they were never exactly common), which is what prompted my question about Maybach buying them back?

I've just had a look on the Maybach website and, erm, what can I say, not exactly moving with the times are they, the cars look like cheap Chinese Mercedes rip offs and appear to have gone through virtually no evolution since Wopps dad bought his, I'm sure they are still a nice place to travel though.

I reckon you should keep it, and do something daft with it, like strip it out and track it, or take it rallying, I reckon TDK could make a good story out of that!

thats because merc pulled the plug on maybach a few years ago. It cost them 1.5bn euros. Each car they sold lost them an average of half a million.