Other Parts of TSN ?

R32North

Should I care?  

1. 1. Should I care?

• Yes
    • Not with the way he's acting

I do see your point but I think that the line between what is generic and what is specifically helpful to a particular car is a very fat and blurred line. Feedback I have received from the example you quoted of my Pioneer system is that it has been particularly useful for some GTI owners. I have to conclude that if it was so generic, why didn't the Mods move it?

You are not wrong in anything you are saying but wherever some info is placed there are people who will miss it. Call me selfish if you will, but I'm honestly not very interested in the details of other cars and I probably spend too much time in here as it is without trawling through other TSN forums.

However, I do most sincerely respect your view and wish you to understand that.

169144-ok.gif Robin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree, if its GTi specific (but could be seen as generic) then the GTi forum is where its belongs ie your pinoneer set-up or iPod connection.

However, such things like 'New R32' or 'which polish / wax' would be better placed in their relevant forums, not simply because there is a more suited home for them but they would serve the wider community as non GTi owners wouldn't think to look in the GTi forum for a good discussion (and you do get some really good discussions in here) on such thing as Polish/Wax or R32s.

(theres nothing stopping a poster from placing a post about the new R32 in the R32 forum, and the placing a link-post in the GTi forum - both bases covered!!)

I think its a case of the poster considering where best to place their post.

I have posted a few things in more general forums beacuse I want a wider perspective on the item, even when its has a righful home in a specific forum - its all about common sense and balance!

You might have noticed as an R32 owner I spend a bit of time in here - why? Beasuse I find quite a lot of ueful info in here, the posts can be quite debated and there are posts in here which are relevant to non GTi owners.

Its all good in here 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif

smile.gif

Having just caught up with the latest on this thread I'd pick up on two very telling statements:

Faidilah: "i reckon GTI owners should feel free to post as they see fit here.. "

So perhaps you can explain what makes GTi owners different from everyone else on TSN who follows the rules? I didn't realise that when you bought a Golf you got a litte badge that said "I do what I like and don't observe rules".

RedRobin: "I've never been someone to follow someone else's rules....I make my own mind up. Is bandwidth really a big issue here? - I stand to be corrected, but it certainly shouldn't be with broadband deals. Whereas I can see the logic in cleaning being mostly generic it isn't all generic as I have explained"

Sorry RedRobin, but that stands no ground at all. Can you explain why Audi, Porsche, BMW, TVR, Ferrari and all the other forums manage to post all their cleaning issues in the cleaning forums? I didn't realise MkV Golf's were painted with different solutions? The fact is, no matter how specific you think your cleaning issues are, they're cleaning issues. The reason, I believe, there is a specific forum for cleaning is because it is a regularly visited topic and it makes subjects much easier for people to find. Golf owners might also find that they'll pick up lots of useful information posted there by other users.

The only GTI owner in here that has consistently spoken in a manner that demonstrates he understands how forums work is GTiMkV. He speaks sense and it's a shame that others can't see that. The thing is that this isn't a dedicated GTi site. Surely you'd use a dedicated site if your interest in cars was as restricted as you claim RedRobin?

Guys, you're no different to anyone else. I think the point was raised initially because of the fact we're not talking about one-off examples - it happens all the time in the GTi forums.

Nobody wants to spoil the 'joy' but I don't think it'd do any harm for GTi owners to listen every now and again. There are no hard feelings with this post, just ones that cannot understand why you seem to feel you have specific items that demand different treatment from every other user.

I'd leave you with a closing thought though. Why do you think so many other forum users feel strongly enough to comment on this?

You seem to be saying that I am obliged to follow your "rule" that by being a member of TSN I am obliged to contribute to all the forums. If you contributed to more forums yourself you would know that in fact I do. However, there is no way I'm going to stay at TSN at all if you or indeed anyone else wishes to subject me to such a rule.

I feel very insulted by your comments because they imply that I do not follow your (since when are you even a Moderator?) rules and furthermore that I do not understand forums. I believe that I have contributed a lot here and have helped others but if I don't then I'll simply be off bike.thumb.gif

Speaking for myself, this is the nearest thing I have found to a dedicated GTI forum and I really am not interested in any of the other sections of TSN that are dedicated to other models or non car related issues. If I am not the sort of forum member you want, then fine, I get my none GTI kicks in other, better, forums so the GTI bit was all I was interested in and I will now leave so you can put your handbag away. See you folks, enjoy your cars

[ QUOTE ]

I feel very insulted by your comments because they imply that I do not follow your (since when are you even a Moderator?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh for crying out loud. Put your toys back in your pram.

If you can't take constructive criticism it's pointless. I even said it wasn't my intention to offend. It seems to me RedRobin that unless you hear what you want it's pet lip time.

Edited to add: You don't need to be a Moderator to have an opinion RedRobin. Just because it's not YOUR opinion doesn't mean it doesn't count.

[ QUOTE ]

If I am not the sort of forum member you want, then fine, I get my none GTI kicks in other, better, forums so the GTI bit was all I was interested in and I will now leave so you can put your handbag away. See you folks, enjoy your cars

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I say that????? FFS. Stop reading what you want and read what is actually there!

I would NEVER encourage anyone to leave TSN and you'll find plenty of posts backing that up.

I'll leave you to it if anyone is silly enough to think these are 'insults'. It's pathetic and child like.

I'm reading this as a classic Friday night Thread.

MrMe is a born again BMW fan, Robin has become a welcome addition to the VW (particularly GTi) forum which has added a new dimension of enthusiasm to TSN.

I suggest we all have a group hug 'cos without TSN, we'd be shopping in Tesco with our wives!! 169144-ok.gifyelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well, Mose, looking back on the thread I think it was a constructive debate but I am human and don't take kindly to MrMe's post (even though I love his car!). A bit of friction is doubtless inevitable from time to time and I don't expect that MrMe is any stranger to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

MrMe? Involved in friction?

Never!