HELP? What kind of Passat is it?

K9UNIT

I am looking at buying this 2001 passat it is a 6cy 5spd with 35,000 miles what is a good price and what else can you guys tell me about it from the vin# WVWBH63B71P028114 Because the only thing the owner knows about it is that is a cyl 5speed with leather?

Thanks in advance Mark confused.gif

Not sure whether this will help or not, but you could try calling VW Customer Services (the number should be on their website) and ask them if they can tell you anything about the spec of the car if you give them the VIN number.

If it's definitely 6cyl, then it's either a 2.5l Diesel or the 2.8l petrol. Your mate should be able to tell you whether he puts diesel or petrol in the fuel tank smile.gif

You don't say whether you're in the UK or elsewhere. If you're in the UK, then I would think there is a strong possibility that the car is a V6 4-motion. Outside of Europe, it's more likely to be the VR6 (2wd). If you look underneath the car, you should be able to tell whether it's a 4-motion or not as the 4-mo will have a drive-shaft coming from the front of the car to the rear diff which is between the rear wheels.

Hope this helps,

Trev