10 sec cars?

A3Floyd

Me i am not bitter...nah

I just think theat they could have sued better cars, sorry but they chose the most boring jap cars, supras and civics dont do it for me. Now skylines, evos and imprezas would have been far better choices. And the color scheem on all the cars dung.gif....

Sorry bu the film lost all appeal to me even before it came out due to the Max Power reviws before hand.

Ok some the of the street racing sceen wre fun, and when the hot rod did the wheely all nice but as i said before, would have been far more appealing if they used the best supercars of all time in (not making another list)

(p.s. they may have had an evo in it cant remeber)

But that sceen where the supra raced the 355, that was complete crap, look at the on paper figures and you will see that the 355 would trash that supra.

Boy racer boll@cks sportifs2.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having said all that i have a felling the 2nd movie may be a hell of alot better than the first. Apparently they want to include some decent german cars, for exmple the Golf R32, which of course they cave made to look like a max power turd dung.gif. Having said that i will watch it anway, but only becasue it is a movie with cars in it and not becasue of the sh1t acting and to be acosiated with the dick head wanna be car nut faggots who support the mvie just becasue they think the supra is the best and fastest car on the plannet smashfreakB.gif,,, and nos is soooo cool ices_blah.gif

Heres a link if you want to see the R32 they are to use, it is inspired by rockford and fostgate, if you are intrested.

Fast and ruined R32 frown.gif

4000 watts of music power fuck_scott.gif

The prolly need the nitrous to get it back to std performance after fitting all the heavyweight speakers/amps/cables/sound deadening!

Part of me would like to go to the max power thing just to laugh my tits off at all the wingnuts! grin.gifices_blah.gif

[ QUOTE ]

But that sceen where the supra raced the 355, that was complete crap, look at the on paper figures and you will see that the 355 would trash that supra.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, i rememer an item in some car mag, about some guy that had a heavily modified 2 litre, turbo'd, Nova and whipped a Diablo, F355, etc.........so the supra could probably do it fairly simply.......

For some strange reason, i read the Max Power mag which featured the cars that were in the film.. The fastest supra was (i think dont quote me on this) 5secs to 60, without nitrus). The 355 is supposed to be abound 4.5ish... Now i know to 100 it may change but i am still confident that the 355 would win.

If you were the ferrari owner wouldnt you be well pissed off if you just got beaten by a bloody multi colored supra kev car... I really feel for that bloke mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Heres a pic of the sound system...bit mad init

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't mind that in my boot!! fuck_scott.gif

I haven't met Woppum but i imagine he is something like the guy that goes:

"more than you can afford... Ferrari!" from the Fast and Furious. grin.gif

Woppum, why do you get so upset by people without your point of view?

One of the main ideas of modifying cars is to be different, I love R32's but soon there will be a lot of them and they will all look the same,

but peoples heads will turn

('away from it/to be sick/to get something to smash it up with', yes there are many jokes)

if they see one with a new colour scheme

('like Lawrence Llwellyn bowen dunnit/like a kid drew on it/like ur mum dunnit' yes, yet more jokes to be had at my expense)

and stereo install inside

('only slows u down/who needs a car with more bass than George Harrison?')

'don't you understand now, finally?'(quote from 'one flew overs the cuckoos nest' which is ironic in relation to my mood at present).

Yes, I have gone crazy crazy.gif

in TF&TF when they refer to a 10 second car they are talking 1/4 mile times.

To be honest I would be suprised if a 355 could get close to a modified supra on a 1/4 strip as many of the serrious Supras and Skylines you are talking of 700bhp plus (similar for Evos and Scoobies now as well) and best Supra I have seen was nearly 1100bhp.

I would have though initial time from these wouldnt be too hot as getting the power down, but once moving I would guess these are ballistic.

[ QUOTE ]

I haven't met Woppum but i imagine he is something like the guy that goes:

"more than you can afford... Ferrari!" from the Fast and Furious. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does this come from, is that the impresion i give??? I thought i was supressing my feelings on the subject quite well. But i am afraid the fact of the matter is i hate the kevd up shitty cars. It is one thing making your car look good, or to make it faster. It is another thing trying to make a car look as if it is a supercar, when it is basically a nova 1.1 with an exhaust system which could scare the shite out of a lambo. I just dont understand it, i mean what do they want respect......

If anything, it is the opposite you think why have they just waisted all of that money on making the car look stupid.

Actually its not the cars i hate, some can look good i dont deny (sp) that, i just hate the little pricks which drive them. Always cutting you up, making as much noise as they can and just being a danger on the road. I am not bieng prejidice, its just the majority of the drivers of these cars are. I am not saying you are my no means.

Its just in my experiance. I personally never did anything to my car, but most my mates did. There was one rich one with a pug who put a spoiler on, induction kit, 18" wheels body kit the works... and what did he do ....get pissed and drive straight in to a tree. smashfreakB.gif Now you would have thought that would be the end of it but, he got a new one on insurance. Dont ask me how, but then within a couple of months that qwas written off to, he flipped it...and before he could even kev that one up.

[ QUOTE ]

Woppum, why do you get so upset by people without your point of view?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if i do it, it must be of habbit, i like a bit of a debate becasue i am FIREdevil.gif

[ QUOTE ]

One of the main ideas of modifying cars is to be different,

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair play, but i have to say that me (and probably alot of other road users feel that when they see a keved up nova, making a racket and drawing attention to itself, they think 'trouble'.

[ QUOTE ]

I love R32's but soon there will be a lot of them and they will all look the same,

but peoples heads will turn

('away from it/to be sick/to get something to smash it up with', yes there are many jokes)

[/ QUOTE ]

Each to their own i spose, donno how many people i can think of that will be sick when they see the car, but OK smashfreakB.gif

There will never be many on the raod i can happily say becasu they are soon to cease production, and it really has only just begun. For example, how many have you ever seen, I have seen 3.....ever!!! Now this is the same amount of Pagainis i have seen ever...... (1 in london, 1 in stoke poges, 1 at goodwood), now i know that is not a fair comparison but the fact is they are rare and willways be that way, so they will be desirable and pleasing to the eye beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

('like Lawrence Llwellyn bowen dunnit/like a kid drew on it/like ur mum dunnit' yes, yet more jokes to be had at my expense)

and stereo install inside

('only slows u down/who needs a car with more bass than George Harrison?')

'don't you understand now, finally?'(quote from 'one flew overs the cuckoos nest' which is ironic in relation to my mood at present).

Yes, I have gone crazy crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now this bit got strange, and i dont rerally know what to say now, except keep on the wacky becasue it is really doin you favors beerchug.gifjump.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hey you guys! laugh.gif

Just to clarify:

The "10 second car" thing is WRT the 1/4 mile - I'm into drag-racing and if you can get sub 10 in a street car, you're GOD!

Woppum: Unfortunately, mate, the Supra is essentially a Japanese Supercar. I can't say I like 'em much (I prefer German\English\American engineering!), but they are quick - the stock turbo jobs (3.0 Twin Turbo) are 326bhp out of the box with a chip taking them to circa 400.

The SkyLine is the supras main problem. The biggest BHP I've ever seen out of one of these is 1350, and that was with turbos the size of bin lids.

A ferrari F355 may be a quick car, but in the grand scheme of things, it wouldn't take much to make a supra faster - there ain't a great deal of difference in the first place - with a supra with bigger turbos, nitrous and custom re-map, that ferrari should have been dust - seriously.

As for the discussion about American V8's - please, gentlemen, say helllllooooo to my new motor.... laugh.gif

CorvetteExterior1.jpg

CorvetteExterior3.jpg

And NO, that ain't me in the picture! laugh.gif

Next time I see you, mate - I'll show you do-nuts!! laugh.gifFlush.gif

American forums would be very much appreciated, though!! I know a few vette-heads who would come on here.

Lagoo: Z06 - Very nice! The HUD is very cool indeed, but so is the big rush of the V8! laugh.gif

Max Power mentioned the 0-60 time of the car to be 5secs, and i am pritty sure the 355 could beat that... Yeah i know supras can be fast and turbos can be fitted which can suck kids offf the pavment, but then that can be said about most cars... I dont have a problem with all jap cars... it is just he supra and civic in bright orange or sick green which are considered the dogs dangles by little kids who know sh1t all about cars. Now Skylines, Evos and scoobies i luv... espeshally with Y2K turbo upgrades with comprresion of 5bar FIREdevil.gif