Using VagCom on a Passat

pugboy

The passats i have scanned have the port in the centre console, by the handbrake.

Under the rubber mat. (Ie the place you might put pens and loose coins)

my advice is DONT scan airbags unless you have read warnings on vagcom site

Maf is a funny one. They can fail anywehere between partially (most common) with no error, or totally with an error.

if you knew what range of peak airflow was expected over it, you could log it, but i am afraid i dont know what figure you should expect.

From ross-tech site PAGE HERE

[ QUOTE ]

"Tight diagnostic sockets"

Some models have very tight trim around the diagnostic sockets. The gap between the trim and the socket itself is so small it is in violation of the SAE J1962 specifications. All of our current Interfaces (shown above) fit fine in these these vehicles. Some of our older interfaces as well as many third party interfaces use OBD-II connectors that do not fit these vehicles well.

US Models: 1996 Audi A4. 1996 and 1997 Audi A6 Sedan, all 1996 and newer C4/4A Chassis Audi A6 (includes 1996 and 1997 Audi A6 Sedan and 1996 - 1998 Audi A6 Avant).

European Models: All B5/8D Chassis Audi A4/S4/RS4. All 1997-2001 B5/3B VW Passat (before facelift). All 1996 and newer C4/4A Chassis Audi A6/S6/RS6.

Example of a car with tight trim around the diagnostic connector.

This is a 1999 European model Passat.

622616-B5_Euro_DLC.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

post-215-137914335441_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Plugged mine in yesterday for the first time, (2002 TDi 130) and half the 'panels' seem to be missing. Looking particularly for the auto-lock feature, and assumed it would be in central locking. Am I missing a trick?

Plug is above the brake pedal if you've not found it yet, in the trim.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't do this on my 2001 Passat, what controller did you recode and how did you do it?

I followed the Audi TT coding (works on newer Passats!) but quickly came stuck as mine didn't have the module i needed to recode. I tried recoding the module that did control the central locking (forgot the number) but it stopped my doors locking and i had to revert back to the old code.

Any help really appreciated beerchug.gif

Has to be an activated copy of vag-com to make the change. Then follow the instructions on Ross Tech site as above. Note where to go differs dependent upon if you have electric windows or not. I've now got a print out of the Ross Tech page with the cable to refer to.

I used the 311 version download to do mine, although I can't see the difference with the later version but I'm sure there is a difference, and a search on Google.