wow, the inside of VWs Wolfsburg auto storage silo

petsy

That is weird. What an extraordinary length to go to just to store cars. It's not as if the volume of space is being used efficiently either, because you can see the amount of wasted space.

However, it does look incredibly cool and very impressive indeed.

What's the odds on the lift breaking down and one of them dropping off at some in the future I wonder....

"Ermm, excuse me sir, your car has plummeted in price...literally"

[ QUOTE ]

Wow, can you imagine going to pick your car up and watching it come down off the ramp!

[/ QUOTE ]

....I tried to go to pick up my GTI from Wolfsburg but it's a long story totally screwed up by bureaucratic red tape! Guess where all the hassle was - the UK!! Fecking government rules and regs....makes me angry.

[ QUOTE ]

Is everyone sure it's in Wolfsburg and not the VW "Glass Factory" in Dresden?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope !! Sceptics.

Image Number:

HEN-VW-0002-A

Building Name:

VW AUTOSTADT VOLKSWAGEN CAR CITY

Address:

WOLFSBURG

Germany

Architect:

HENN ARCHITCTEN

Caption:

CAR STORAGE TANKS ABOVE ARTIFICAL LAKE

I was there two years ago and they are definitely in Wolfsburg.

One tower is for cars being collected today while the other tower is filled for cars being delivered the next day. I sat there watching the people get there cars delivered. There were large displays like Airport screens showing when your allocated time was.

I thought I would do the same but came up against the same red tape as Robin. Was told if I was ordering a Phaeton I could have gone and got it. frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It's ordinary cars if you are German.

[/ QUOTE ]

....Or officially resident in Germany, regardless of nationality. I was told that I could have picked up my ordered GTI if I could show German residency. I was invited to a tour of the place anyway, but. It's the same floor area as the whole of Gibraltar.