Bumpy bumpy!!

DB6Vantage

[ QUOTE ]

Is it me or has anyone else noticed the bumpy ride on the GTi. To be honest with you, it gets on my fecking nerves. It feels like and old Mini. Otherwise, great car. Love it. Except the bumpy ride... NONO3.GIF

DB

[/ QUOTE ]

Long shot & stranger things have happened but make sure the temporary transit blocks have been removed from the suspension.(Car sits higher over the wheel arches with them still fitted for journey from factory to dealer)

Im now on winter tyres, 16s, which should make for a less rough ride. Otherwise 17s. Maybe Im not used to it yet. And yes, it is specially when going fast. Its not that bad, just gets a bit on my nerves sometimes...

Oh, another complaint about the car, since im at itsmashfreakB.gif...the foot rest is too far to the left IMO, or not wide enough. (LHD)

But I love this car!!! ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Is it me or has anyone else noticed the bumpy ride on the GTi. To be honest with you, it gets on my fecking nerves. It feels like and old Mini. Otherwise, great car. Love it. Except the bumpy ride... NONO3.GIF

DB

[/ QUOTE ]

It all depends on what you're comparing it with............

Nope. Just track numbers as in a CD. Still don't understand why, since the stereo has RDS and can display written text, but I can do without. The stereo display reads CD1, CD2, CD3 etc. Pressing each selects the playlists on your iPod. All in all, nothing fancy, but a nice thing to have.

RE the "bumpyness". No need suggesting anything else. There is nothing wrong with the car, suspension or tyres. The car is just bumpy sometimes. Of course there can be worse, but IMO this is not great.

[ QUOTE ]

Im now on winter tyres, 16s, which should make for a less rough ride. Otherwise 17s. Maybe Im not used to it yet. And yes, it is specially when going fast. Its not that bad, just gets a bit on my nerves sometimes...

[/ QUOTE ]

You may find its tyre flex the side walls of the tire compressing. So probably worse with the 16" winter tyres than the original 17s. Since your using the mini as a comparison i think i know what you meen and You will find original mini's with the 10" wheels on bounce far more than the later cars with the 12s. Its why one of my classic minis has 12s on for main use and only gets the 10s fitted for shows makes a big difference.

On the subject of the GTI's ride, I had both a drive of and a ride in jaysgti today and he has Koni FSD shocks plus Eibach springs and anti-roll bars. We found some bumpy roads as well as smooth and also country twisties and I was so impressed that I'm going to do the same! Extremely well planted. During the day we spent time in both my standard GTI and his, and on some of the same stretches of road, so I was able to make a very direct comparison. Jay's car is on 18s and mine on 17s.

The Koni FSD 'reads' the road surface via physical frequency changes rather than electronic sensors, and immediately self-adjusts accordingly. Consequently the ride is smoother but, with the Eibach equipment, the overall drive feels exceptionally well planted. I have also driven another GTI with Bilstein and Eibach modded suspension but it was a touch less smooth by comparison - very smooth nonetheless. The Koni FSD are deffo worth checking out imo.

Zoom,

I agree the tyre inflation does seem to have a pretty big impact. Mine is a lot less bumpy since I reverted back to the two passenger recommended inflation rather than the 'fully loaded' inflation I had previously and forgot to change back. I wondered why the car was feeling funny for a few days before I realised.