Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DB6Vantage

Bumpy bumpy!!

42 posts in this topic

was it expensive? you can PM me if you don't want to disclose how much on forum.

Danny

That's exactly why I choose not to buy the Audi A3 TFSI - which is actually the car I set out to buy when I got the GTI. Not a happy suspension set up for Australia I'm afraid.

was it suggested that you run the car with new shocks/springs for a week or so before realigning the suspension?

Haven't got that far yet. Ray West will be doing it for me - I trust his expertise and judgement on such mods having driven two of his cars with his suspension mods. I'll be with him while he does it after Christmas and take his advice at the time.

the 7 day period is to allow the springs to fully settle i.e. the ride heigh will drop slightly.

petsy, im getting a groaning/creaking from the back of my car since i had my suspension done. mainly occurs when dropping off a speed hump even very slowly. they did grease the antiroll bar as they should. i wonder why this is happening

If the new anti roll bar uses polyurethane bushes (and I suspect they would), even with the grease, they may well squeak. The lateral movement of the bar will wipe some of the grease off quite quickly. It's by no means guranteed that poly bushes will squeak, but that is one possible downside to them.

Si.

I've just spoken with Eibach in the UK and learnt that their ARBs do use poly and that the fitter should grease both sides of the bushes [Thanks, Si].

Jay - Allow about 2,000 miles to bed-in and initial 'creaking' is not unusual apparently. Eibach springs are 'pre-prepared' and should only settle 2/3mm. Any problems beyond and Eibach would like to be informed.

Washing up liquid helps stop bushes squeeking as a stop gap if it really is getting on your nerves.

thanks robin, your detective skills rule supreme !!!

i beleive there is a chap on tyresmoke who is a solicitor, im wondering what his name is, he may be able to advise me on my QST problem, had another misfire last night.

ps. thanks again for the sausage, it plugged a hole smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Washing up liquid helps stop bushes squeeking as a stop gap if it really is getting on your nerves.

[/ QUOTE ]

....Good old 'Sellotape-and-String' British ingenuity! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

ps. thanks again for the sausage, it plugged a hole smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....But you promised me you wouldn't tell anyone that I slipped you a sausage!! SAUER0421.GIF

Thanks for your PM Red. I will consider it. I need to spend a little more time with thte car though, and decide what else I would like done to it.

I couldn't agree more, Danny - By spending time to get to know the car you get to understand your desires. And by doing any mods step-by-step you can experience what difference each mod makes. I'm still getting to know the car after 6,000 miles. I have just ordered Koni FSD and Eibach suspension like Jay's.