New Passat 2.0 TDI MPG..

sportsman

Same as the old one, according to stealer when I ordered mine. On the test drive, I noticed slightly less on the current mpg than on my old Passat, but that may be down to the fact the new one is mega quick, and I was horsing it. Figures (which I find don't really reflect the true figures) top out at 57mpg. I used to get 80mpg, on average, in my B5 Passat on a run though.

[ QUOTE ]

Same as the old one, according to stealer when I ordered mine. On the test drive, I noticed slightly less on the current mpg than on my old Passat, but that may be down to the fact the new one is mega quick, and I was horsing it. Figures (which I find don't really reflect the true figures) top out at 57mpg. I used to get 80mpg, on average, in my B5 Passat on a run though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some decent figures there,which model are you going for..1.9 or the 2.0..

Aside from getting 127 mpg downhill with the wind behind you and the engine turned off, our old Golf GT TDI used to return 55mpg average. Mrs Mook's current Passat TDI 130 returns 44mpg average and one of the guys who works for us with a 2 week old Passat 2.0 TDI gets 47 mpg.

HTH

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I used to get 80mpg, on average, in my B5 Passat on a run though.

[/ QUOTE ]

80mpg? Surely not. You would struggle to get that driving like a granny in a Lupo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly did. It was a 1.9 110 bhp with 150,000 on the clock. If I stuck to 60-65mph (and didn't go above), and it was a decent rip - say 200 miles plus. I could easily get an average reading of 80mpg. For shorter runs, say 50 miles, dual carriageway/motorway, I'd get 65mpg average. You just gotta have good right foot control - it's entirely possible.

• 3 weeks later...

I am averaging 47mpg on mine which is well down on my old 130 Passat. Oil comsuption is high at 3 ltrs in 14,000 mile and at £11.00 a litre its becoming expensive. Ok it only needs a service at 20k now, but they make up for this with the cost of their oil and the warnings not to use any other make.

I would steer well clear of the new Passat, mine is continually breaking and VW are not resolving any of my problems. smashfreakB.gif

I wish i had my old one back it covered 130,000 and with no major problems at all.

[ QUOTE ]

I am averaging 47mpg on mine which is well down on my old 130 Passat. Oil comsuption is high at 3 ltrs in 14,000 mile and at £11.00 a litre its becoming expensive. Ok it only needs a service at 20k now, but they make up for this with the cost of their oil and the warnings not to use any other make.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 litres in 14,000 miles expensive? How? Thirty odd quid every (that would be year for me) is hardly expensive. And all dealers tell you to use their own oil.. regardless.

They get worse as the miles increase, mine used to average 47mph, thats now gone down to 42mph with 15k miles on the clock. However they also drink oil... four litres in 14k miles and at £11.00+ a litre. My colleague has one and we spoke about mpg the other day and his is doing the same with 11k miles. VW say oil consumption is well within their limits frown.gif The performance is better than mu old 130bhp sport so I guess this is the price you pay for an extra 10hp.

• 4 weeks later...

I can finally comment on the fuel note. My B6 is also well down on the B5 I had. It's pretty much driven in now (just done a 600 mile trip,) and I returned, on average, 53mpg. That's nearly all motorway. I was getting that on the B5 around town. I did notice however, that there were spells where I was getting higher average on the way back having filed her up with BP Ultimate - compared to the first fill up which was Morrisons stuff. Has anyone actually worked out the economy without using the MFD? I wonder if perhaps the B5 wasn't as accurate, because I'm struggling to work out how the new one is returning such worse economy when, with the 6th gear, I am now doing less than 2k revs at 60, when I was doing much more on the old one. Perhaps the new computer is just more accurate?I know the speedo is. According to my TomTom - it's reading accurate to within 1 mph!

• 2 years later...

where are people getting these mpg figures from?

i have a 130bhp passat estate and i drive like a granny and never get above 50mpg on a long run. the best i have had was in welsh hills and got just over 50mpg.

just to add my daily routes are very short so acheive mid 20 mpg.