Please help, Tuscan red rose with problems!!

Paul177

I've got W-reg Tuscan red rose upgrade & last Janaury the engine management system shut the car down. I was told that the ecu needed resetting & then a service this came to a total of £840. This November my car got harder to start & when it did start it would soon stop, until it warmed up. I've been told by 2 different TVR dealers that when we get the cold weather, it would be difficult to start. But last week when i started the car & it stopped straight away as usual but it wouldn't restart. The engine would turn over but wouldn't fire up the same problem as last Janaury. Does anyone know anything about any changes to the engine mangement system since it's launch in 2000 it's a red rose so it's different from the standard car or as anyone had a simular problem? confused.gif

Yeah, i've left it for 2 days & it won't restart. I've got a local dealer to collect it on Monday, i just wanted to know if i could stop this happening by changing the engine management chip or something because after about 2000 miles after service it becomes harder to start. I use the car most days so i'm not getting much of a return on a £540 service.

• 4 weeks later...

Take the ar to your local compute uning place and gt them to check the ECU temperature sensor is working properly. I am not 100% sure about the 'red rose' model but some Tuscan's use a GM sourced sensor which is prone to telling the ECU porkies about the temperature causing it to put too much or little fire water in.

• 2 weeks later...