Followers 0
Chelsea Mick

Oh dear...Happy Bl**dy christmas

118 posts in this topic

[ QUOTE ]

£4k later all was fixed

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch!

I really hope that it won't be as much as that...Would be tempted to leave it at the garage and they could keep it.

Arghhh.. mate.. what a nightmare.. just what you don't need before Christmas frown.gif

I had exactly the same happen to my first car .. a volvo 340!!.. the plug shattered and destroyed the engine.. parts went everywhere and completly knackered it.. in my case the car was only worth about a grand so i scrapped it..

hope you get better news!

Cheers

Dave

[ QUOTE ]

As they say dung.gif happens....

[/ QUOTE ]

But that is some expensive dung.gif Even more unlucky for it to happen at this time of year.

Sorry Mick

Talk to Kim Im sure that he can get 1.8 engines in a crate at a good price.

Good luck

Simon

Shite!

Sorry about that Mick, hope they spot it straight away and it doesn't take too long mate.

Now you know what it is could you not get a local garage to do it for a lot less?

Ok now I'm near suicidal...

Number 3 piston is fecked. Got a chunk missing out of it like a bite from an apple. Hotspots on all the other pistons. 3 valves have broken up and disintegrated.

Audi want £5663.39 (and that's a discounted price of roughly 17%) to replace the whole engine and turbo. They might be able to get the price down a little bit more but not a lot.

Ringing around others now to see the difference.

Anyone wanna a buy a knackered S3 frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Ok now I'm near suicidal...

Number 3 piston is fecked. Got a chunk missing out of it like a bite from an apple. Hotspots on all the other pistons. 3 valves have broken up and disintegrated.

Audi want £5663.39 (and that's a discounted price of roughly 17%) to replace the whole engine and turbo. They might be able to get the price down a little bit more but not a lot.

Ringing around others now to see the difference.

Anyone wanna a buy a knackered S3 frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no mate.. that is disasterous frown.gif

It would be cheaper to buy a write off and import the engine. Have a look on the internet for breakers who may have an engine somewhere?

what a bitch frown.gif

Si

That might help allthough I've got to consider getting the car to someone to do the swap. Getting to collect the engine. Paying Audi what I owe them already. Then paying someone to actually fit it.

I've got a pedal bike anyway...Who needs a car confused.gif

Feck EEK2.GIF

Sorry Mick...

Did they offer an explanation as to WHY this might have happened?

sh!it thatsnot good mate,

you have a PM Mick it is urgent hopefully it might save you a good packet.

If any one has Mick phone number can you please PM it to me.

ive left a message for Mick on his MSN Mo, but it looks like he is away from his Pc.

Thanks Paul, ive got him on msn too so hopefully i will see on there soon. unless hes drowning his sorrows on some cheap whiskey.

I'm sure TSN will come to your aid 169144-ok.gif

If need be, one of us can roll by yours and tow you to the Essex meet!! yelrotflmao.gif

Sorry! wink.gif

Bad news. frown.gif

It seems more than a bit expensive!! When I had my TT people were selling new engines for £3.5k surely they "old" 1.8s should be getting cheaper not more expensive.

Sorry to hear your news Mick.

[ QUOTE ]

Bad news. frown.gif

It seems more than a bit expensive!! When I had my TT people were selling new engines for £3.5k surely they "old" 1.8s should be getting cheaper not more expensive.

Sorry to hear your news Mick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the 5K include fitting & testing? confused.gif

Thanks guys...

All rallying round to help a fellow TSN'r notworthy.gif

Thanks for the text Molly. Have spoken to Mo 169144-ok.gif

Could be a good 'un

[ QUOTE ]

Does the 5K include fitting & testing? confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

£5663.39 is an all in price. I will be able to drive my car out of the garage for that money.

QST appear to be the favourite at the moment.

I won't post the price here but I am very tempted.

I have a slight chance of getting a 36k 225 BAM engine minus the ECU and Gearbox for a very attractive price but have still got to get the unit and car to QST to have them fit it. This route would save around £2k but do I really want a second hand engine in my car confused.gif

poo a brick mick sorry to hear your news about the car, not the best of timing as you say!

Hope things get sorted, let me know if I can be any assistance sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

This route would save around £2k but do I really want a second hand engine in my car

[/ QUOTE ]

Mick, after that kind of damage, I'd be more than certain about the risk of putting a 2nd hand engine in my car! Do it! Especially one which has only covered half the miles your current one has. Also, I wouldn't be put off buying a car which has a 2nd hand engine as long as you are pretty certain about where it has been/used.

Good luck mate.

Sh!t Mick! Sorry to hear how bad it was, we all fingers crossed for the coil packs for you mate.

Hope you win the lottery or something so it's a bit easier on the ol' wallet! 169144-ok.gif