fit r32 rear bumper to gti?

b4d4bing

Being a Mk5, then theoretically you might be able to fit the new R32 rear valence to the GTI but you would definitely need a custom-made exhaust system in the rear exit section. Either that, or modify the lower black part of the R32 valence to fit the stock GTI exhaust configuration. Which do you prefer?

Hi Scott!! (he said enthusiastically) jump.gif

Being a V6 and also 4WD, the R32 would have a different configuration than the GTI. Also, I would expect other technical differences, though I don't know what they are. Until b4d4bing posts a reply, I can only assume that he/she wishes to mod for aesthetic reasons.

Milltek are now running their own R32 and expect to show their new exhaust system for the Mk5 R32 to the public in January.

Here is a link to a pic of the underside of the GTI with Milltek system installed: web page

Probably the same underneath all Mk5s for the valance but not the exhaust, as you say. I also agree with you about fitting a stock R32 rear on a GTI....It looks as if the owner is trying to imitate/pretend and even raises the question if the car's GTI front is genuine! Just my opinion.

However, I do think that, for my tastes, the rear design treatment of the Mk5 GTI is visually weak and appears unfinished in the context of its fabulous front. This is partly why I went for the Quads+Abt. I have to say that although everyone teases me, most people really like what I've done (apart from the black pimples!) and that includes some very critical and honest speaking BMW owners! And my mate with his Carrera S.

I'm thinking that VW's designers should have created something like the R32's rear for our GTI in the first place.

[ QUOTE ]

Not something I understand....... why if you have a GTi do you want to make it look like an R32. Its a GTi, you should be proud of that fact and drive about ina GTi, displaying the Gti look and fell of the car, not trying to dress it up into R32 costume!

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

zactly! it'll look like a cut n' shut! smashfreakB.gif

...anyone seen the tin opener!