My poor Bora, Is it repairable?

scanger

Unlucky my friend, I was doing 60 down some quiet country lanes two days after i bought my bora, Needless to say the car parked in the middle of the very narrow road with his lights on full and mobile phone in his hand didnt think that the situation he was in was possibly a bad idea at the time, swerving left, unable to break before hitting him head on, I parked my car on the putting green of hole number one. Sadly through a £1500 iron fence. The garage said i was literally pounds off totalling the car.

I own a Bora and also a horse smile.gif Don't know about the laws in ireland but in the UK you have to have the horse insured,(mine is insured 3rd party fire and theft). Mind you finding the owner will be difficult if it wasn't 'chipped' or freeze marked. It is the responsability of the police to trace the owner, horse owners are liable for any damage the horse causes, insured or not. Like i say these are the laws in the UK, hope you have some success in finding the owner .

Sorry, just found out i had missed page 2 tongue.gif.

The police should be doing all they can to help you (hmm). The police surely know who's field the animal has come out of and go from there? Think every country in the EU uses animal 'passports' too. These are tracable by the horses markings. When the guy bought it the previous owner would have sent off the 'passport' with the new owners name (bit like a V5).

I'd personally lean on the cops (as much as it is worth).

Feel gutted for you mate. Good luck.