270 BHP

scotw

[ QUOTE ]

I do wonder what 270 through FWD must be like to drive, not for the wet I'd guess.....

[/ QUOTE ]

....I've driven West Tuning's 270 bhp GTI in the wet (he boasted!) and also, very briefly, Jay's. Much smoooother than you might imagine but the real power comes in slightly later. It's a real pedal test of how sensitive your feet are!! Not for the feint hearted. Jay would be able to tell you more.

Good find, Scott - that Abt front spoiler looks the dog's in white. I'm off to read all about it now 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Good find, Scott - that Abt front spoiler looks the dog's in white. I'm off to read all about it now 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly looks good, but speed humps & kerbs might be a bit of a problem though. To say nothing of some pavement crossing where there's a big camber change - remember the recent Top Gear when JC & RH managed to blocked the exit of a Paris car park. smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly looks good, but speed humps & kerbs might be a bit of a problem though. To say nothing of some pavement crossing where there's a big camber change - remember the recent Top Gear when JC & RH managed to blocked the exit of a Paris car park. smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....Ah, Captain Sensible, I presume smile.gif . You are probably right, though AwesomeGTI's Abt-fronted GTI, I'm told, doesn't have such a clearance problem - On the other hand I'm sure they would like to sell me one! From what I have read, this full-on white Abt GTI has been lowered 40mm and Awesome's car (and mine soon to be) are lowered 15mm. What's an inch between friends? grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have experienced this very recently, albeit not on a Golf. A friend of mine finally got round to getting the body kit that he'd been lusting after for the last few months, but coupled to the ~40mm drop that he'd had done a while back it made for some tense moments going over speed bumps. His car isn't even that low (I mean it's lower than I'd have it, but that's just me), but there are some speed bumps he would never be able to go near, which in this day and age is a serious pain in the backside.

[ QUOTE ]

[....Ah, Captain Sensible, I presume smile.gif . You are probably right, though AwesomeGTI's Abt-fronted GTI, I'm told, doesn't have such a clearance problem - On the other hand I'm sure they would like to sell me one! From what I have read, this full-on white Abt GTI has been lowered 40mm and Awesome's car (and mine soon to be) are lowered 15mm. What's an inch between friends? grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Red I didn't mean to be a party pooper & spoil your burgeoning love affair. laugh.gif

IMO too! The Mk5 GTI Monza wheels both look good and are very practical (easy to clean) and so it's difficult for anyone to justify changing them other than needing/wanting 19s. The BBS CH is a very classic design which looks good on the GTI but these Abt rims look stunning and will certainly scoop the air.

They doubtless would greatly improve the look of the Mk5 R32, which has famously horrid looking wheels in more than just my opinion. The new RS4 wheel is also pretty hot looking (I can post a pic if anyone wants).