34 Golf GTI's at motorpoint selling very slowly?

winrya

Hi mu, three reasons:

One is that they tend not to switch themselves back off for ages (after a tunnel for example).

Two is that their sudden involuntary appearance could possibly mislead someone about to come from a side road for example (not a great reason, I realise!).

Three is that I prefer the "daylight" illumination of my SatNav screen when it is daylight because the "night" illumination is much dimmer so it isn't too bright at night inside the car (quite clever imo).

Cheers 169144-ok.gif Good to see you are still on TSN after you have your new GTI.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We're all addicts now ! 169144-ok.gif

I use the auto feature as well, as for the lights staying on to long, thats something you can configure in highline, so you could have the garage change it Red.

1500 miles and still smiling ECLIPSe.gif

Ipod kit being fitted next Friday, Mur71d, you already have one fitted? Did you go for the cradle?

yes I fitted my own Dension adaptor and cradle. It's in a mount on the dashboard to the left of the radio, because the VW/Dension interface is pants, and I find it's FAR better to just control the ipod itself, even when driving!

i wouldn't think the VW ipod kit is much different. I think there's no mp3 tag info on the screen for exmaple.

[ QUOTE ]

I got my GTI in Sept, 5 door, £19400 DSG Met black, winter pack, armrest, Cruise, I think the car came from Belgium.

I wanted a car on the spot, Motor provider did the Job. I bought the extra years RAC.

In two years I will look again.

The Car would have listed around £23 from VW. More INFO in previous posts

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

So i guess your a happy customer? yes

It was to full Uk spec too and They did not manage to accident leave something off?

Any coments on what they were like to deal with?

Thanks

Geoff.

Hay Snoopy, Yes I'm a happy customer!! I would rather buy a new car from a dealer but I could'nt wait and they could'nt match the car to the money I paid.

To deal with? hum I really can't complain my car was set up for euro driving lights always on & I did not get a bottle opener, however if I had rang motorprovider at the time (Sept 05) i'm sure they would have sent one. I did get Two manuals one in the back seat & one in the Glove box maybe I could do a trade with them.

their cars are cheap so it's all business they order 50 cars at a time!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

My mpg in the drive back from London on Christmas day was the Worst I was ever had in a car

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, you were doing 145!!!!!!!! tongue.gif

The Veyron does 4mpg at it's top speed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes the r32 Sound like a bargain, or should I save up and get the Veyron....na I'll stick to my GTI it has the same gear box

Thanks Rayza. I def would prefer Highline display in any DSG Golf rather than the Midline in mine. Being able to get a Highline DSG gear display would completely justify me changing my GTI for a new R32 wink.gif . IF I order a .:R32 it will def be DSG.

Why doesn't VW realise that a proper driver would like to see his/her current gear number displayed at least an inch high somewhere obvious!?

[ QUOTE ]

Why doesn't VW realise that a proper driver would like to see his/her current gear number displayed at least an inch high somewhere obvious!?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand that either, me and the girlfriend had a Touareg demo car and I am pretty sure that had 1"inch high display of the gear selected and that was an auto too.

• 3 weeks later...

I also got one from Motor Provider at Sheffield... Seemed to me proper people... They did what they said they would do and it came when they said. Fetched car with no problems with car and believe me i know my stuff on gti's. My car was built for the uk but motorprovider i understand buy from the factory direct and cut dealer out. any way just to let you know happy with motor provider and car....

Cyprus i believe is not coverd under EU member state law at the moment. Not sure, but thought they had been suspended from EC trade privileges, obviously do not quote me on that one. However, Malta is coverd buy EU member state law and they are genuine (whatever that meens ) right hand drive cars. As Malta drive on the left, so full uk speck and everything where it should be. 169144-ok.gif