BMW 1 series.

hendem

well she's probably got a point there. however it's nice to dream they are the dog's.

re fsi a3 yeah I've got to say that it was the most impressive in terms of steering and feel. I felt a real intimacy with the road, great suspension, I don't know why the steering felt so non assisted and accurate compared to the a3 3.2.

have you heard of cognitive dissonance? it's that sinking feeling you get once you've made a purchase and you're not sure it was the right decision? I haven't test driven the 130 yetm my test drive will be on Monday when they deliver my car. I had the day off today with a mission to do an anorak on the car and read up on it on websites like this. I am really encouraged, generally it gets a positive with the usual jury's out as far as its design is concerned, which as i said earlier , doesn't bother me that much.

I read that Evo have given it a thumbs up which pleasing

My mate is picking up his audi a4 3.0 sline avant next month, he races porkies but has just had his first child hence the aavant bit. I would have liked to have tried the 3.2 avant would have been an interesting comparison.

Well done James on a good choice, Im well chuffed with mine, although the basics are the same if you get back in a 120d after owning the 130 you will be surprised of the difference,

Loking forward to what you hear about it and see some pics cause ive never seen a black one,

thanks Gavr, I'm off to Iceland tomorrow till Sunday then hopefully the car will be delivered on Monday. What colour is yours?

How's the fuel consumption (I've got a heavy right foot!)

I'm having Smartnav installed, I'm very impressed with what I've seen. The daily updated "safety camera" detector is a real bonus and saves the additional cost of a Road Angel methinks.

[ QUOTE ]

How's the fuel consumption (I've got a heavy right foot!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on the new wheels James. I've had mine for about 3 weeks and loving it. Went for a spin through the twisty bits on new year's day and it was an absolute delight. Took 2 days to get the grin off my face.

Around town I get 12-13 litres per 100 km. (Not sure what that is in pounds, shillings and pence.) On a country run, 7-8 litres / 100 km. Combined country city, ~ 9 litres.

Have fun. cool.gif

Thanks Maggot, I'm now taking delivery on Tues, there was a delay putting in my Smartnav.

Thing is any thing that works hard develops a thirst.

I just had the most fantastic time driving in Iceland, 4wd studded tyres, got caught for speeding would you believe, got let off, thank god, would have been a couple of hundred notes. I love driving on snow, later found an empty car park and went mad! Can't do that in Sainsbury's Uk car park.

I've just joined this group, is there a plan to have a 1 series section?