How long do you plan keeping your A4?

BenjaminTDI

Was just curious as to how long you all plan to keep your cars from new? and also what mileage you expect there to be on the car when you sell it

and will you be buying another A4/S4?

As for me, I will probably end up keeping this one at least 5 years from new as I'm not sure when I will be able to afford another one (I'm a student again smashfreakB.gif) and I won't get a car on finance.

No idea how many miles it will have on it, anywhere from 75-100k mark I would think! - I just hope it's going to be reliable.

About another 2 months - it'll be 2 years and 11 months and have about 25.5k-26k miles grin.gif

I'm getting another A4 which I plan to keep for between 2 and 3 years. Given that I only do around 8,000 miles a year, it will be another car I will have just run in when it goes smashfreakB.gif

I bought my A4 in July 2004. It was just shy of three years old and had covered nearly 26,000 miles. Despite the fact I use a second car as a commuting hack/runabout it's now showing 38,000. I planned on keeping it for around two years - which is about when the first three year old S4s will start to appear - so I guess spring/early summer this year is when I'll look to change, unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse!

It's by far the best car I've ever owned and one of the very best I've ever driven. ECLIPSe.gif

I had my last car, from new, for 2.5 years, we did 17000 miles in it. I had planned on keeping it for a lot longer, but then my wife got pregnant, so I used that as an excuse to buy a bigger car, with 4 doors and a better boot. I've wanted an Avant for years, so I jumped at the chance. And she agreed! jump.gif

I plan on keeping this car for at least 5 years, or until it's financially viable to exchange it, but you never can tell how things will turn out...

had the intention of keeping mine for at least 3 years but had to change for something a little more practical in boot height.

as for miles with the 2 cars in the family lucky we put 6000 miles on each a year [ wifes drives them 90% or the time ] , so someone will get a bargain of me when i come to sell

This is my first new car and it was a bit of a stretch. I was looking at B5 S4's - then B6 1.8tq Sports, then one day

I made the silly, silly mistake of popping into the local dealers............

They had a S-line Avant in Akoya Silver with Silver Interior in the showroom and I was sold smashfreakB.gif

Oh well, you only live once smlove2.gif

Sooooooooooo It'll be with me a while 5 years plus, I'd say.

BUB ECLIPSe.gif

Hehe good question.

I had my first A4, a black, B5 90BHP TDI SE, S registration for two and a half years.

I had my second A4, a silver, B6 130 TDI Sport, 52 plate, for a year.

I had my third A4, an Akoya Silver, B6 130 TDI GmbH Sport, 04 plate, from new, for a year.

I had my fourth A4, a Carribean Blue, B6 3.0L Sport cabriolet for six months.

I have now had my fifth A4, the black 2.0TDI S-Line avant for nearly six months.

I NEED to keep it for another three and a half years, but as Sponge says, circumstances change.

I may need to go back to an S-reg 90 TDI or.....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I have now had my fifth A4, the black 2.0TDI S-Line avant for nearly six months.

I may need to go back to an S-reg 90 TDI or.....

[/ QUOTE ] bike.thumb.gifbike.thumb.gifbike.thumb.gifbike.thumb.gifbike.thumb.gifbike.thumb.gifbike.thumb.gifbike.thumb.gifbike.thumb.gif

6 months UBM blush.gif - I can remember watching the news flash on News 24 like it was yesterday...........

BUB grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the cab very early march and bought the avant in August. four and a bit months then....

If past history is anything to go by, and Audi bring out a new model I will be looking to change again in about 3 years, 1st B6 saloon went when the then new shape Avant came out, that did for 3 years and 54k miles until the current shape arrived, one visit to the dealers and a test drive was enough to see the old B6 130 avant go for the current B7 140 avant.

But then with 2 approaching 17 years old in the next 12-24months frown.gifthis one might have to do me for the 5 year stint.

1995 1.8 A4 saloon bought in 02 kept for 2 years, sold at 90k when we went travelling,(its still going strong, and i was happy to sell it to a friend) bought an 02 B6 130tdi avant on return with 80k already on it. I intend to keep it until someone else writes it off for me or it is too expensive to repair. the idea is that the diesel will keep going longer than i need it to.

the thning about older audis is that other (non petrol head)people think they are newer than you know they are. even the tyre guy thought i had a cherished plate on the old audi ir was in such good nick.

chas beerchug.gif

I'll probably keep the Noggy one until I get tired of tastefully enhancing it, then perhaps I may go the new RS4 route or more than likely the sexy new model which sort of resembles the TT and I can't for the life of me remember it's name!!! smashfreakB.gif.....mmmmmmmmmmm

Or perhaps even keep the one I have a go for some laser eye surgery, botox and a face lift!!! blush.gifsmirk.gif

you sure you want a clio? the backrest release in mine have broken about about 4 or 5 times each side, the alternator decided to blow up on the motorway and the indicators indicated left when i clicked to go right and vice versa, and the headlamp bulbs keep blowing!