How long do you plan keeping your A4?

BenjaminTDI

Things might be changing on the job front.. so it might not be a sooty. It's going to be a sport, I'd like quattro but it's not that important. I have my eye on 2 different ones at the moment. Going to get rid of mine and I'll have a borrowed car of joy (Peugeot 307!) for a short while until I sort out the new one.

Either way it's looking to be around March time for the new one 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

you sure you want a clio? the backrest release in mine have broken about about 4 or 5 times each side, the alternator decided to blow up on the motorway and the indicators indicated left when i clicked to go right and vice versa, and the headlamp bulbs keep blowing!

[/ QUOTE ]

bit of a risk, but there are known issues with the 182 that are easy to sort out under warranty.

But it will be a new (well, pre-reg'd now) Reanultsport 182 with the Cup Packs..... 3 years warranty and i will only keep it for 18 months of fun..... 169144-ok.gif

My three years ends in May. Not sure if I would buy new again, although three years trouble free has been very enjoyable.

Tempted by the 2.0T FSI Special Edition, but I may audition some other cars this time, last three have been Audi's, time for a change?

Mine will be three years old in March with probably 78k miles by then. The car is absolutely spotless on the outside, no scratches to speak of and no kerbed alloys 169144-ok.gif

Given that I 'only' have one more year of lease payments and the overall condition of the car I may decide to keep it when the lease expires and just use it as the 'weekend car' for now until the new B8 cab comes out.

I have a major cambelt service coming up and what with two new tyres and brake discs required it would make more sense to keep it for now.

Still a stunning looking car , even after nearly three years of motorway abuse FIREdevil.gif

I havent had a car for more than 2 years for as long as I can remember, BUT I do intend on keeping this one for at least that long if I can.

I've only had it 4 months, but it is just 2 years old as I bought it 2nd hand. That means I plan selling when it is 4-5 years old but who knows....

I definately wouldnt buy new again though,I dread to think how much Ive lost on new cars over the last few years shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I definately wouldnt buy new again though,I dread to think how much Ive lost on new cars over the last few years shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agree, scary to think that the first year's lease payments were mainly paying off the depreciation on the car !, never again, I will buy second hand / nearly new next time and let some else pay off the depreciation first 169144-ok.gif

I was laughing at the guys on audizine, one was moaning that in the states the S4 looses around 7% in the first year, around 17% over the first three years compared to an M3 which only looses about 4% in the first year and 14% over 3 years.

I posted that you would pay around $70k for a new S4 here and only get about $50k back after 12 months, I can't wait to see the replies.

Mind you these are the same guys who moan that they have to pay $2 for a gallon of petrol too!

Those stats quoted in the states are kept artificially high with the vast majority of folk leasing their cars for two / three years and the manufacturers setting the residuals high to keep lease payments low, and therefore 'selling' more cars.

Pity the fool who bought a Lincoln Navigator (Huge rebadged Ford SUV thing)in 2003 for $60,000 to find that after 12 months it was worth about $12,000.....

Leasing protects you from these falls I supose.....

Hoping to change the Cab in March for the new Cab 3.2 tiptronic.

I am considering what to do with my current one which is 3 in April It's only covered 11,700 miles and is absolutely mint. So any takers before I start fighting the unpleasantries with the stealers.

It's a 3.0 Sport Manual; Silver; Blue; Blue; Bose; Xenon; 18" 9 spoke; full electric seats in dark blue Leather; Dipping Folding etc ; Fridge; Vavona; light pack; Storage etc.The whole nine yards. smlove2.gif

Sorry for the ad sekret.gif