Ambient LED retrofitted

Nelson_R32

Working for Audi I drive allot of models with the interior light package. Anyone who has ever gone from a vehicle with Ambient lighting to a vehicle without will realise how nice they actually are; it feels like something is missing!!

Whilst its not financially (nor pratically) viable to retrofit the Interior light package there are a couple of particular parts which are EXTREMELY easy to retrofit and those are the front and rear LED's.

So today I retrofitted the front Upper Roof LED for the interior light package on my B7 today. I seriously recommened this for the price it costs and the amount of time it takes; the only tools you need are a Phillips Screwdriver and a drill! laugh.gif The Parts only cost £9.50 so this is a cheap mod too.

Part No: 8E0919063A

Whilst this will make no difference whatsover during the day, at night it creates a beautiful glow over the centre console. It looks ever better with the aluminium inlay package laugh.gif

The only downside to this mod is that you need to drill two 5mil holes into part of your light cluster. The rest is just plug and play because the part uses existing spade connectors that are on the interior light.

Pictures and write-up coming soon smile.gif

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

Rear ones?!?! I thought the S4 had all the lighting options but it hasn't got these? Would be great to have a glow on the little 'un in the back.

If it's available for the B6 saloon, please let us know.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phew.........! I thought it was just me ,Scotty. wink.gif

Must be B7 only (the rears) confused.gif

I reckon it'll light the rear up well on mine with the silver seats smile.gif

BUB

[ QUOTE ]

There is already spade connectors on the front light which already have power to them. So its plug and play on the front (with a little brave drilling wink.gif ) and plug and play on the rear smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent, and the piece I need to drill just snaps off? Any particular fashion you have to remove it? I don't want to break it to pieces and have to buy a new one of those too jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Rear ones?!?! I thought the S4 had all the lighting options but it hasn't got these? Would be great to have a glow on the little 'un in the back.

If it's available for the B6 saloon, please let us know.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phew.........! I thought it was just me ,Scotty. wink.gif

Must be B7 only (the rears) confused.gif

I reckon it'll light the rear up well on mine with the silver seats smile.gif

BUB

[/ QUOTE ]

I reckon the silver seats will look 169144-ok.gif

The only problem with the LED lighting is that it's on the dash dimmer. I don't like the dash lit up too bright as it's distracting, and anything under half illumination the roof LED's fade to nothing.

Shame cos they're really cool when they're glowing bright. cool.gif

Especially if you're wearing an expensive and very shiny silver watch. smirk.gif