Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mags

5 Series price please

3 posts in this topic

Hi

I have a 5 series that I would like to sell privately, could someone who may be 'in the know' tell me what it is worth please. Spec is -

2004 54 Plate new shape

530D SE

Auto gearbox

Orient Met Blue

Beige Dakota Leather.

Sports Multi steering wheel

Sports suspension

18 inch with run flats

Comfort seats

Electric seats

Heated front seats

De chroming

High Gloss Shadow line

6 cd changer

Maple wood interior

Auto Dim interior mirror

Electric folding mirrors

Floor mats

Bluetooth phone with voice control

Business Sat nav

Xenons

3 Year service inclusive

Tracker

It is immaculate having been owned by my father and has covered 25,000 miles with full BMW service history and just had 4 new tyres in last 3000 miles.

Any ideas what I should be asking?

Thanks

Hi Mags

A quick look at bmw.co.uk shows dealers are asking around £29k for a 2004 '54 530DSE auto with leather. Cars with satnav go for around £1k more, but they all have the professional version (full colour mapping etc).

Your father's has a high spec, but I'm not sure that this will be reflected in the residuals. For example, comfort seats are expensive new, but probably add little to the second hand value for many people. Have you tried calling any dealers to geta rough idea what they'd offer? This might be a good starting point for pitching the price. There are usually a few dealers advertising in the sunday papers for cars.

You could also take a look at Glass's online for a valuation (there is a charge, but if you link to to via vauxhall.co.uk you get 3 free valuations grin.gif)

Peter