PX prices

Argus

Just been offered by the STEALERS £13500 PX against the MKV R32..mines a May 2003 Black pearl with leather and 21,000 on the clock full VW service history...now is this just me or does that sound bloody TIGHT...cheapest on VW web site is £16999 with cloth seats... sportifs2.gif

all I can say is not a mission m8....

I tied to trade mine at several vw dealers - aug 2003 - 24k miles for a new R32 - Max value from a stealer - £13000

So I bought a **** and the dealer gave me £15000 and knocked money off the new car....

vw have their heads up their arses ATM.....

It really sickens me!

My friend got offered £16750 for his last month against a new R32

His car

Immaculate

DBP 3dr

30k miles

leather

nav

cruise

sunroof

Apparently this is a very decent price for a part ex according to many other dealers.

The prices are only going to freefall now!

I think Im gonna keep my mk4 and run it into the ground. Can't see the point in part exing it for £16k, when I paid £27k 2.5 years ago!

[ QUOTE ]

My friend got offered £16750 for his last month against a new R32

His car

Immaculate

DBP 3dr

30k miles

leather

nav

cruise

sunroof

Apparently this is a very decent price for a part ex according to many other dealers.

The prices are only going to freefall now!

I think Im gonna keep my mk4 and run it into the ground. Can't see the point in part exing it for £16k, when I paid £27k 2.5 years ago!

[/ QUOTE ]

I only spoke to a couple of dealers about PX / Buy Back and they both said it would be book price; no budging on that! Plus as mine is a stock 2003 DBP, no leather, no Sat Nav, etc etc etc then I wouldn't expect more then book price for it, so private it will be.

smile.gif

All this info so far is telling me loud and clear that it would be best, if I'm going to, to px/sell my Mk5 GTI within its first year to make the jump to a Mk5 .:R reasonable. We always lose money on cars anyway and we should think of it as money spent on enjoyment not investment.

[ QUOTE ]

Part of the problem is that the R32 is not in Glass's so dealers struggle to value it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its in Parkers Guide and does not take into account and Limited / Classic (as in in demand) type status.

If I keep mine to the end of the finance term I'll probably get back 85%-90% of the deposit I put in, at the mo sellling it privately I'm going to get back about 65%-70%, which isn't bad.

I could try and get more but I've decided to sell, p/x will only get me 45%-50% of my deposit so I feel that I've done not bad 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I would have thought that as the R32 (Mk4) is such an enthusiast's car, it's always going to sell best privately anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree and I'm seeing more and more Mkiv R's on the road these days with happy youngsters behind the wheel. Come Spring/early Summer, the market for used R's will only improve IMHO. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Part of the problem is that the R32 is not in Glass's so dealers struggle to value it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its in Parkers Guide and does not take into account and Limited / Classic (as in in demand) type status.

If I keep mine to the end of the finance term I'll probably get back 85%-90% of the deposit I put in, at the mo sellling it privately I'm going to get back about 65%-70%, which isn't bad.

I could try and get more but I've decided to sell, p/x will only get me 45%-50% of my deposit so I feel that I've done not bad 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are Parkers not taking in to account it is an R32 and a Limited run, Surely they know what it is or they wouldn't list it as an R32. I wouldn't have thought they will just make up a Price.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are Parkers not taking in to account it is an R32 and a Limited run, Surely they know what it is or they wouldn't list it as an R32. I wouldn't have thought they will just make up a Price.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may as well stick your finger in the air (it would prob. be more accurate then Parkers) 169144-ok.gif

Well so much for VW wanting to keep their customers,I,ve just been on the phone to 3 other dealers for various top of the range cars...Ford...Saab...Volvo..everyone offered me over the phone remember £1000 more than VW....makes you think if VW want to sell the R32

Tried selling mine privately last year. Started advertising in Sept and after 2 months and £300 worth of ad costs, I gave up !

Got nothing but agencies wanting to sell it and 1 private caller. Absolutely no viewings at all.

In December I sold it to a local VW dealer for 70% of what it cost me new. For a 2yr old car I didn't think that was too bad.....

Just need to wait for the new one now...........

Got 16K for mine. 53 plate std spec with 17K miles.

Better than the person who traded their one into Arnold Clark. They have a DBP 53 plate one. Not sure on exact spec & mileage, but they've got it up for £15988......

Got to be the cheapest one I've seen on a forecourt.

[ QUOTE ]

Why are you getting rid so soon B15ETJ?

What's it being replaced with?? 169144-ok.gif [/quote

I'm not selling it Ross just the salesman had phoned to see if i was intrested in the new R as they had one ready to go.Went to see it etc,etc but tbh too pricey for me and although it's a nice car i prefer the mkiv anyway.The £15,500 trade in was without even seeing the car never asked about mileage or nothing very strange .