HighLine on DSG?

GTIDaddy

Apologies if this has already been discussed.

After seeing a few posts about the larger DSG gear display on the highline computer as opposed to the midline, I decided to speak to my stealer about changing my spec. Only to be informed that my car has already been built and will be in the UK by the end of Jan(I won't be collecting it until March 1st '06 plate)!

But digging a bit deeper, I found a post saying that all 2006 spec cars with DSG come with the Highline computer as standard - can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

midline is easer to read! highline is small and along the bottom (horizontal), as LeMan points out. Midline is vertical on the right hand side from top to bottom. The difference being the steering wheel can obscure the highline gear display, when the stearing wheel is adjusted upward.

[ QUOTE ]

can someone briefly explain what extra functionality you get with the highline computer? its too late for me to change but I'd be curious to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Highline computer allows you to programme things like the delay on the courtesy lights and see you home lights. You can also programme the auto locking of the doors once the car is moving. Well worth the extra £45.

[ QUOTE ]

Just wondering with the Highline, why they choose to display the numbers descending l-r rather than ascending? It's not a natural way to look at things. don't suppose it can changed with a fiddle with the computer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, The midline is much easer to read at a fast glance. No you can't change it around.

[ QUOTE ]

Just wondering with the Highline, why they choose to display the numbers descending l-r rather than ascending? It's not a natural way to look at things. don't suppose it can changed with a fiddle with the computer?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess it is because when you are in manual you can use the stick and forward takes you up the gears and backwards takes you down the gears so this would make sense. Obviously someone with DSG can correct me if I am wrong.

[ QUOTE ]

Agreed, The midline is much easer to read at a fast glance. No you can't change it around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the highline is easier to read as the numbers are spaced out wheras on the midline they are all squashed together. I only noticed the numbers were the other way round after I had taken the picture. wierd