[Audi A3/S3] S3 Vs Honda civic type r

TMccann

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name's Daniel and I've just seen how much i've spent on my A3T in the last 2 and a half months mad.gif

EBC discs and pads all round - Due to brakes being complete dung.gif from standard!

Water Pump - Due to it not pumping water and causing my car to overheat!

Turbo to Exh manifold gasket - Blowing and making my A3 into a tractor come Go-Kart!

Oettinger Chip - Due to A3T coming with not enough power in standard form!

New head unit - Audi unit was crap in first place, second owner then fitted another which was equally crap and finally we have the JVC El Chameleon.

Eibach springs - Because the handling was diabolical, bouncy and sloppy!

Apart from that my life's good. jump.gif Oh and the cars not bad at all now!! grin.gif

Loulou get hug?!

[ QUOTE ]

I had a play with one in my TTR (APR'd). I had the roof down, and was the engine was pulling at about 3k revs, his car sounded like a fecking hair dryer. He pulled past me but he was driving on power and taking advantage of his lower gearing (he must have been in 3rd to rev the engine like that). When I realised he was "playing" I gave chase, and there wasn't much in it, until I decided to give the Porker brakes a work out for my junction at late notice!

To be honest I couldn't put up with a car that had to be revved like FCUK to get the best out of it! I prefer the low down torque of a turbo.

It would be interesting to see both back to back around a track. I suspect the CTR would out accelerate a sorted S3, and may even have the edge out of corners since the quattro whilst offering significantly more grip on exit from the corners, will lose out due to the weight!

I guess you'll let us know :-) grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

doesnt the s3 have a second quicker 0-60 tho??