Auto wipers...

Simonl

I agree Red, I drove through a very large puddle after a blind bend the other day, completely covered the windscreen with water, couldn't see a thing and before I had even moved my hand to operate the wiper stalk the wipers had come on in turbo mode and cleared the screen cool.gif

With Red too on this one. Very handy when you see the big truck coming at you thats been through a storm a few miles away and is spraying everything in its wake. If you leave em in the "inter" position, they're armed and ready.

Not so handy in the summer though if you get plagued by loads of bugs. It can make a real mess if a bug lands on the sensor and you havent washed the screen first. EEK2.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

Thats right, intermittent is replaced with rain sensing. Think about it for a moment. Why would you have a timed delay wipe, if you can replace it with a wipe when the glass was actually wet??

wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Guys. I think you've misread me. I know I have rain sensing. I was refering to the systems ability to wipe after a lorry passes you, without having to actually move the stalk. If you get a bug on the sensor in summer, the system will still wipe, wet or not. I know, coz it happened to me in my R32 on a couple of occasions. 169144-ok.gif

If its only light rain then they don't come on straight away because the system doesn't think its wet enough yet. Leave it sometimes just a few seconds longer and sure enough they sweep over. On the Audi (assume its the same on the Golf) The intermittent setting switch on the stalk is now a sensitivity setting. Push it to the top and its super sensitive, at the bottom it won't come on as quick.

I have to say they work very very well for me and in changable weather are a godsend. Sometimes I change the sensitivity cause I want them to wipe a bit more sometimes they are a bit keen and I turn it down. I don't have to do it much but its nice to have the ability to tweak it a bit.

I have to say I would hate it if I didn't have them, and my other halves new Astra Design also has them fitted along with Auto lights. grin.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I leave the stalk up one from off all the time and every now and then when water hits the screen off it goes....could be a bug (feature!?) smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a feature, it's the auto rain sensor. to adjust the sensor there is a switch on top of the wiper stalk. left not very sensitive, right very sensitive. 169144-ok.gif