Popped my Diesel Cherry

M8CKN

[ QUOTE ]

Don't put petrol in it. Don't rev it like a petrol. Get used to driving past filling stations, and when you do need to stop, don't put petrol in it.

That's about all I can think of. Welcome to the dark side.

ps. don't put petrol in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I filled it to the brim yesterday as I was scared of my wife taking it to the petrol station today.

Both my sister and her fella have filled up their respective diesels with petrol in the last 6 months smashfreakB.gif

One day, you will pull into a fuel station, next to a hot car, being driven by a hot girl, and will be so distracted that you automatically reach for the petrol pump...

Not that this has happened to me you understand sekret.gif

Not good when it was the wife's car I filled wrong blush.gifjump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I really don't understand how people can put the wrong fuel in their cars. crazy.gif I've been driving a petrol for years and then got the (diesel) Audi - I've never once come close to putting the wrong fuel in. smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have problem filling my diesel up not by putting petrol in it , but going to the wrong pump and reaching for normal fuel instead of ultimate smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

its a renault so join the AA or RAC tongue.gif and change the cam belt,tensioner, rollers and anything else the runs off it at least 50k before renault recommens

[/ QUOTE ]

totally agree with that!! My mates dad's whent pop in a very large way (french purchased / reg'd) at 52k. New engine now.... sekret.gif

Maybe look at a remap too, as when i drove his, it was down on torque compared to some..... 169144-ok.gif

So far I am more than happy with it, but I have seen a +30bhp chip for £399 which may find its way on in the future.

The build quality is not a patch on the Passat, even with 185k on it, but this was a case where size counts and the saloon couldn't compete with a car that could be mistaken for a hearse!!

Bluetooth kit & dvd fitted now so feels like mine now.

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

One day, you will pull into a fuel station, next to a hot car, being driven by a hot girl, and will be so distracted that you automatically reach for the petrol pump...

Not that this has happened to me you understand sekret.gif

Not good when it was the wife's car I filled wrong blush.gifjump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I presume you didn't tell her exactly why Ross? grin.gif

It's very easy to fill up with petrol when yoiu have a diesel - especially when you have a hot bird filling up next to you, and you drive 2 cars regularly!

Try filling up the petrol one first thing in the morning when you are half aslepp, then by lunchtime take the black car to the garage (same one) and see how easy it is to reach for the green pump.

Most annoying thing is that you have to pay for the fuel. Don't start the engine and you should be fine!!