Best place for mobile phones

garreth64

After years of using my company phone for personal use (I dont use it excessively), we have been taken over and are about to have a policy of business calls only.

Therefore I need to get myself a mobile, probably on a low monthly tariff, maybe even a PAYG. I would like to get one of the latest handsets, not t-mobile or virgin as the signal is poor where I live.

What I could do with knowing is where are the best sites to get a good deal from, as there are so many out there?

Thanks

Can say where *not* to go.. which might help.

Phones4U. They use Singlepoint, and it is absolutely ridiculous. I've written essays of complaints to them, and got nowhere. Needless to say, I didn't use them again!

Last phone I got was from e2save.co.uk. They are part of carphone warehouse I think, but are strangely cheaper. Be very careful of the rebate deals, as they will try everything in their power to not give you your money back, down to wording on forms, and the window of time you send them in.

A bricks and motar shop is always a good bet if you need your phone a lot, as, if it does go wrong, you don't have to mess about with couriers etc, slowing the whole process down.

If you are just willing to go blind, then I would suggest googling the phone and provider you use, with the word 'buy' before the search term. I've done this loads of times, and have never had any problems.

Lastly, there's ebay. I got my k750 from there. Bought it Sunday night, got it Tuesday morning. ALways depends on seller of course though.

Singlepoint are crap, when I got my phone from Phones4U they were supposed to handle closing my old phone account (which I rather stupidly didn't check).

They left a nice £21 bill on O2 for 4 years which I knew nothing about until I did an equifax check on myself out of curiosity to see how good my credit was smile.gif

It then took 3 days of phone calls to O2 to find the right department to pay it off and when I finally did get the right people they said "if you'd left it it would have eventually been written off"

I got my SIM-free K750i from FonePlanet, but they were rather slow in delivery (although they did part-refund the delivery charge in the end).

You could also try OneDayMobile - they're probably one of the cheapest around, and delivery is included.

Carphone Warehouse often also offer good prices online, and you may be able to get them to match another online price, which is also helpful 'cos then if the phone goes wonky, you can take it into a shop.