Does anyone have a Shadow Blue GTi?

Johnnyopolis

• 3 weeks later...

In many ways I think I was lucky. I am getting mine through Motor Depot and originally was up for a red one - but then they phoned - very sorry red has gone!!! Wife much relieved as she doesn't like red. And in truth I always feel that the only red cars are the F-word ones! So I was offered black (tempting...) silver (which I find boring) or shadow blue - at same price - even though its metallic... So I took a gamble - and from what I have seen from the pix - I think it looks gorg!! Mine clearly needs a good polish - which she'll get....

I think the Golf GTI can pull off red, along with the obvious Ferrari's and Ducatti's. I had a red on order but changed my mind as I thought it was just a bit too eyecatching, and in East London where I live that's not necassarily a good thing! sekret.gif Went for Grey as I think it sets off the red strip at the front (lost on Red cars) and also the Black grills (lost on Black cars) and is also quite classy looking. That blue is very nice though. 169144-ok.gif

Very much agree with you Nutkins - the grey is drop-dead and the red ain't at all bad (just that I have this thing fro Ferraris!!!) Trouble is I am driving a grey Celica at the mo - and wanted a change anyway. I do agree that the grey, blue and black all set off the red grill strip, I think the black grills may be slightly lost on my shadow blue... certainly in the winter when there is less light and the car will be dirtier.. coffee.gif