Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aaabbb

Seat Leon Cupra

24 posts in this topic

Can anyone please tell me if the Leon Cupra 225bhp 1.8t engine has 4-wheel drive or not and if they are any good. Thanks in advance.

If its a uk car no, if its a european then possibly

I have seen 4WD versions in Ibiza (V6 ones too) but only FWD in the UK.

Yup - I agree with the above. If you have seen one in the UK, then it is 100% an import.

they're front wheel drive and hope they're good, i'm just about to buy one !! ECLIPSe.gif

The Cupra R is one of the best looking hatches, particularly in red with grey alloys.

They are excellent!! Mine is black and looks the nuts when it is clean, bit of a pain to keep it that way though! Just had my annual service done for about £170 so the dealer prices are spot on too.

Agree with the above about the 4WD version being a European model. Can't remember what it is called but thy are rife in Spain.

But it looks so damn good when clean that it will be worth your while. Get some decent wax and it won't deteriorate so quickly.

I did a review of my Cupra R in the reviews section of this site.

i'm more of a car wash person! but effort will be made with this beauty of a car. think i'll turn into a sunday morning cleaner crazy.gif well, i'll try anyway !!!

Now i did not know SEAT did a 4x4 version of the cupra R in spain. blush.gif

I know they do a cupra4 which is either the V6 (that we don't get) or the FR 180/150 engines.

No Cupra R's have ever been 4wd, UK or EU. Seat have done a 180hp 1.8T 4wd and a 2.8V6 Cupra 4 Leon in the past though.

Lass at work has just got a Cupra R. Im VERY impressed, gorgeous car.

I will say i think its overpowered though. She's still running it in, so i havn't been able to go above 4k RPM, yet still get understeer, and loss of front end grip round roundabouts ECLIPSe.gif

That said, id definitely have one on my shortlist of cars for circa 15k

[ QUOTE ]

i'm more of a car wash person!

[/ QUOTE ]

Please! Don't swear like that again on here!

EEK2.GIFznaika.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Lass at work has just got a Cupra R. Im VERY impressed, gorgeous car.

I will say i think its overpowered though. She's still running it in, so i havn't been able to go above 4k RPM, yet still get understeer, and loss of front end grip round roundabouts ECLIPSe.gif

That said, id definitely have one on my shortlist of cars for circa 15k

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yessssssssss...had one of these babies and I had it Revo'd with SPS3..........holy crap!!!! Nice lively car for the money and it showed a clean set of heels to some very expensive sports cars too, much to the disdain of the wide eyed drivers....... 169144-ok.gifECLIPSe.gif

I'm musing REVO for mine this year. It will be out of warranty and relatively low mileage (36,000) and since I'll not be changing it for a bit I thought it might spice things up a bit. Bit worried about something going bang though.

Is it THAT good?

I intend to have fun in mine for many years to come, that is until i can afford to upgrade 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Never will i utter the 'C' word again crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good. No more laziness for you. Are you going to post a piccy of your lovely LCR then? ECLIPSe.gif