Folding Mirrors

Ken1

Join the club! A few people have reported the mirrors not swinging out properly. My dealer noted that some fauly codes had been logged but didn't get round to diagnosing the problem.

Have you sampled that other Golf feature of 'sometimes nothing happens when I turn the key but on the next turn it works'? Happened to me about three times in six months.

I get the not starting on first turn of the key as well. The GTi is an excellent car but it is plagued with a "Mickey Mouse" electrical system. Everything major works but all the ancillaries are a bit iffy.

Mine does the following: -

Ignition key issue.

Crazy rear wiper

Lazy folding mirror

Lazy Headlight Squirter.

If you leave full beam on when switching car off, it no longer works when you switch car on again.

Dodgy Steering rack.

Shame about these troublesome faults, to which I guess VW will not be able to fix, as it appears it is just their faulty code that manages the cars electronics.

I love the car but the niggles let it down.

[ QUOTE ]

I get the not starting on first turn of the key as well. The GTi is an excellent car but it is plagued with a "Mickey Mouse" electrical system. Everything major works but all the ancillaries are a bit iffy.

Mine does the following: -

Ignition key issue.

Crazy rear wiper

Lazy folding mirror

Lazy Headlight Squirter.

If you leave full beam on when switching car off, it no longer works when you switch car on again.

Dodgy Steering rack.

Shame about these troublesome faults, to which I guess VW will not be able to fix, as it appears it is just their faulty code that manages the cars electronics.

I love the car but the niggles let it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the issue of the 'full beam ' not coming straight on again after you switch the ignition off is designed to do that on purpose so you don't dazzle people when you start up again. I assume you mean you have to move the switch back to full beam again or do you mean it never came back on at all ?