Optiflex - Anyone heard of this?

Bluedan

My local garage said that they could check my tracking, all 4 wheels, in minutes, and for free, then if it needs adjusting, will probably be an hour or so.

Audi, said that they use an Optiflex machine, takes 2.5 hours just to check the tracking, and that they are the only ones with the machine, no-one else can do it, and its £220+vat!!

Howszat for STEALING!!!!!!!!!!!

Afraid I have little technical knowledge of tracking/alignment apart from the fact it helps you go straight and saves your tyres! crazy.gif

AMD's website is:

AMD Linky

and they have a page about alignment etc. Mine is in with them next week for a check after having a high speed run-in with a fallen tree about 2 months ago - thought I should probably make sure it's OK.....they do it whilst you wait, about 90 mins. 169144-ok.gif

They do a great job - and worth it too as the alignment was out - especially at the rear, you're wise to have it checked, it's certainly worth £90 for peace of mind compared to new tyre costs! Actually on that Saturday there was a guy with an RS6 seemingly having everything done at once so was taking up lots of the AMD resource!

• 10 years later...

The optiflex machine uses laser technology and measures everything. Castor, camber, toe in and toe out. On normal tracking machines you can set the tracking but the car may crab down the road slightly, optiflex will see this and tell you that the chassis is bent, possibly after an accident. It is a bit expensive for normal tracking, but the only way to check chassis alignment.

Edited by Flingle