Z4 photo

Ragdude

First pic of my new toy. What a fantastic car. I've done just under 1100 miles in a week - most of which was achieved on a trip to Scotland. The acceleration in 3rd, 4th, 5th and even 6th is amazing and the sport button function is excellent providing sharper throttle response and tightened steering. The cabin layout is as close to perfection as I've seen with everything close to hand. The ride is firm on the 18" alloys with the M tech suspension but not uncomfortable. The boot swallows up an incredible amount of baggage for the size of the car and is very deceptive - it's a mini tardis in there!

post-1227-137914247425_thumb.jpg

Another top colour scheme!

I'm coming to you before I choose my scheme for my next car! grin.gif

Really like that.

Actually thinking about it there was a photo of a grey metallic Audi Cabrio with red leather on Audi-world a while back and that looked the biz too.

Ari,

All these compliments are going to my head. The A4 red leather isn't as nice as the Dream red in the Z4 IMHO as it is fairly dark. The Dream red is nowhere near as bright as the red leather in the TT though - it's a nice halfway house between the two. Got to say that it suits the Sterling grey on the Z4 extremely well - I've seen a few with the black leather and they don't look anything like as good.

Only thing that stkikes me as odd is the orange indicator lenses. All manufacturers (including BMW) have been moving to white with orange bulbs for a more integrated look, and along comes Chris Bangle and changes 'em back again... confused.gif

lovely car, saw one on the road near me last week in same colour, only thing ive noticed that i dont like is the line where the bonnet meets the grill, would have looked neater if the grill was part of the bonnet then it would have removed that line, but anyway, looks great, if i didnt have kids id get one and sell the A4 cab

Ragdude,

Z4 looks absolutely stunning. Your spec is just how I would have ordered. I've had a sterling grey Z4 as my screensaver for the last 3 months and can definately feel the urge to place an order for a 2.5 in the same spec as yours ( unfortunately my wallet can't stetch to a 3.0 but as my last car was a 325 Ci I know that I won't be dissapointed ).

Mark-Yorkshire

I had one in my rear view mirror today, and i thought the car was no less than magnificent, and looks far better on the road than it did in the showroom (and i thought it looked great there!!!). I now think if i had the money, i may even prefur that to the lovely S2000 heart.gif

Mark,

The Z4 is in a different leaugue from the Cab as you would expect. If you don't need the ability to carry more than one passenger I would highly recommend it. I have a permanent grin on my face at the moment, it is serious fun. I haven't driven a 2.5 yet (my dad collects his on Friday - oldest Z4 driver at 71?) but I'm sure it won't be a disappointment. Go on, you know you want to.

FIREdevil.gif

Mark,

I'll keep you posted. The Autocar result was totally unexpected but a very truthful evaluation none the less. I think you may be able to get a 2.5 sooner than next spring if you were interested. I have a very good dealer who would no doubt be able to source a car for you. I've just introduced him to a friend of mine who is going to buy a new E60 530d SE off him for September delivery. That comes on top of my Z4, my dad's Z4, a Mini Cooper that my sister has just bought and a potential order for a 530d SE from me as well. This guy owes me big time I think!

Iain