Passat Alloys

Fara

Hi,I have been looking around trying to buy some original Passat 16" sport alloys, without much success. So as an alternative,I've decided to look for some RS4 alloys for my 53 reg passat instead. Can anybody recommend what size to go for, ie 17"or 18" and also anywhere that maybe doing a good wheel/tyre package deals. smile.gif

If you want cheap and comfort, go for 17", if you don't mind a firmer ride, slightly more expensive and want a bling bling look, go for the 18". 169144-ok.gif

I find the best deals for these alloys are on ebay, search '18 RS4', actually, a set of New style RS4 alloys in 18" would look really good. cool.gif

Many thanks for the info. I'll get searching.

As we're in the same area you don't know the cheapest place for a cam belt change for my Passat 1.9tdi 130pd estate. I have been quoted £328.00 by AutoVolks and i'm pretty sure if I go to a main dealer they will sting me for a hell of alot more. Any ideas or recommendations?

Cheers.

[ QUOTE ]

Many thanks for the info. I'll get searching.

As we're in the same area you don't know the cheapest place for a cam belt change for my Passat 1.9tdi 130pd estate. I have been quoted £328.00 by AutoVolks and i'm pretty sure if I go to a main dealer they will sting me for a hell of alot more. Any ideas or recommendations?

Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Fara, I only just noticed you was in Solihull, try going to Wheelmania in Sheldon for a good deal on a set of 18" RS4, and ask what the best deal they can do for cash. 169144-ok.gif

Think I paid £575 for mine 10 months ago fully balanced and fitted with locking nuts, they might even be cheaper now, but give them a try.

The price for the cambelt change seems reasonable, as the whole front end has to come off to get to the cambelt, better that th £500+ that VW wants nextdoor anyway lol.

Hi, I Priced up a set of 18" RS4s today with Avon rubber which came to a cool £495.00 all in. However as my car is a 2003 Passat 1.9TDI SE estate, can you advise if these larger wheels would look stupid in conjuntion with the standard suspension or will i need to uprate the shocks and springs as well.

From a place called WheelMania in Sheldon, Birmingham. Jojo suggested I to try their.

I was abit worried about buying them, as I read a thread on PassatWorld.com that Passat estates (SE's) didn't look right with big wheels on standard factory suspension. It said they make the car sit high up excentuating (spelling) the gap between the tyre and wheel arch.

[ QUOTE ]

Hi, I Priced up a set of 18" RS4s today with Avon rubber which came to a cool £495.00 all in. However as my car is a 2003 Passat 1.9TDI SE estate, can you advise if these larger wheels would look stupid in conjuntion with the standard suspension or will i need to uprate the shocks and springs as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's a good price, was you served by Wayne(the only fat bloke there)?

As for the suspension, I'll post a pic of my Passat running on 19s with standard SE suspension, it rides a little high, that's why I lowered it.

Jojo, yes mate it was Wayne. He actually said that he'd just received a container load of them - what good timing eh!

Great picis. Have you fitted a complete kit or just the springs and how much have you lowered the car by?

Thanks for your advice guys.

[ QUOTE ]

Jojo, yes mate it was Wayne. He actually said that he'd just received a container load of them - what good timing eh!

Great picis. Have you fitted a complete kit or just the springs and how much have you lowered the car by?

Thanks for your advice guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Car is lowered by 35mm all round with PI(Personal Identity I think?) springs, using standard shocks. Car is certainly firmer all round, but handles well, bought them from Wheelmania aswell lol. 169144-ok.gif

• 4 years later...

Hello, I'm new to this forum. Just got a really nice metallic silver 1.9 TDI (2004) station wagon. I'd say that it looks exactly the same as Jojo's except it has standard rims :( I really like the picture with RS4 rims and I fantasize of making my Passat looks the same. Now, does anybody know what is the exact name of that particular model of rims and how can one exchange AUDI logo for VW logo on the caps? BTW, I live in Oslo, Norway ;)