Anyone got the 6.0 litre VXR Monaro

Golfer

I'd love a VXR but the boot thing and two doors were the big minuses.

That's why I went for the S4, not in the same league but a little tweaking to the exhaust etc has given mine so much more urgency; try a second hand S4 AudiJohn; they're going for mid 20's for a 1 or 2 year old example with plenty of kit and a cavernous boot.

interesting about the 2 doors....cos even though there is shed loads of room in the back and the two doors are huge, IIHO the front seats do not travel forwards enough to allow for ppl to get into the back of the car comfortable, its a bit of a squeeze. One of the main contributing factors of buying the car, putting aside its power, its appeal, its rarity etc was that its mainly only me and the wife that will ever be in it. My kids travel in it whenever I pick them up from East London and its a rare occassion that all four seats will be used. So, given the odds, we dont really notice it as an inconvenience.

I correspond with a guy not too far from here who was in two minds as to whether or not to nuy one, with the wife being heavily pregnant and little feet iminant, but now baby is here, he seems to have now problems with a baby seat in the back of the VXR and is enjoying every second of owning it.

Believe it or not, over the Xmas period I collected my cousin from Heathrow and had his two cases in the boot with room to spare. And he doesnt travel like Sport Billy!

[ QUOTE ]

I'd love a VXR but the boot thing and two doors were the big minuses.

That's why I went for the S4, not in the same league but a little tweaking to the exhaust etc has given mine so much more urgency; try a second hand S4 AudiJohn; they're going for mid 20's for a 1 or 2 year old example with plenty of kit and a cavernous boot.

[/ QUOTE ]

P G I think i'll wait for the S6, I again looked a t the 650i today, nice car but again a problem in the back seat dept, my daughter would not be happy there, boot space good though, so S6 here we come. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

interesting about the 2 doors....cos even though there is shed loads of room in the back and the two doors are huge, IIHO the front seats do not travel forwards enough to allow for ppl to get into the back of the car comfortable, its a bit of a squeeze. One of the main contributing factors of buying the car, putting aside its power, its appeal, its rarity etc was that its mainly only me and the wife that will ever be in it. My kids travel in it whenever I pick them up from East London and its a rare occassion that all four seats will be used. So, given the odds, we dont really notice it as an inconvenience.

I correspond with a guy not too far from here who was in two minds as to whether or not to nuy one, with the wife being heavily pregnant and little feet iminant, but now baby is here, he seems to have now problems with a baby seat in the back of the VXR and is enjoying every second of owning it.

Believe it or not, over the Xmas period I collected my cousin from Heathrow and had his two cases in the boot with room to spare. And he doesnt travel like Sport Billy!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it ain't too bg a concern, but after five years 2 door ownership I just wanted something people didn't have to be clambering in and out of.

Plus the A4/S4 boot is huge, just a pity they couldn't have used just a bit of it for more rear legroom. Then it would be perfect!

Well in the vid if you noticed the manaro that nearly loses it but gets it back before its to late, that was me and paul but the only difference is that paul managed to get a full 180 and then set of in the opposite direction EEK2.GIF, whether it was meant or not it must have looked fantastic from the out side, just a shame I never had the camera on. smashfreakB.gif