FAO John_Carter 701 miles on a tank

danksy

Dammit! SAUER0421.GIF

Well done mate, but consider the gauntlet well and truly thrown down! Don't get too used to the glory the_finger.gif hehehe.

To be honest though, mine's past the halfway mark now with barely 350 miles covered, and we all know the second half disappears quicker than the first confused.gif

Since getting 691 miles late last summer I've never quite managed to repeat it. Maybe it's because of the cold weather, or the fact that now all my points are off I'm caning it more often? ECLIPSe.gifUHOH7.GIF

Right, off to strip out the back seats and spare wheel sekret.gif

Trust LottieFox to lower the tone NONO3.GIF

John - There were a few scary moments though (I am sure I felt the engine misfire just before I filled up)

I guess we need to see what the fuel tank capacity is before we really cane it!

I'm not sure theres much more available in the winter lol.gif

Actually thinging about it our blast down the M5 with lottiefox probably cost me about 10 miles smashfreakB.gif

Yes mine hiccuped once or twice the morning it reached 691 miles, and then thought twice about starting that evening so that's why I bottled it and refuelled... Flush.gifROLLEY~14.GIF

I might be taking mine on a run up to Manchester on Saturday sekret.gif so hopefully that'll improve my chances of beating you. I'll be like Clarkson with that A8 (although not as comfortable, obviously!)

[ QUOTE ]

My DIS is reading 25.7 FFS!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif

I know your distress! When I had the Fabia - I waited 2 and a half years to see the supposed good economy from a diesel...

IMO it just dosent exist tongue.gif

If I got an overall of 35mpg for the whole time I owned the car then I was lucky SMOKE6.GIF

Right well I chickened out this morning and refuelled at 653 miles showing. frown.gif

I drove home from Salisbury last night and for the last twenty miles or so the needle was barely off the end stop. Sure enough it took a good ten seconds to start this morning, which is all the warning I need! EEK2.GIFNONO3.GIF

So, back to driving Miss Daisy in it now so watch out! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

After almost bottling it at 690 miles I held out for 701 on the tank, and got 60 litres in the tank.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yesterday morning I put about a tenner's worth in, say 11 or so litres, drove the 21 miles to work and then before setting off home last night filled up with another <u>57</u> litres! EEK2.GIF