S6

Ian_C

Audi S6 (C5) saloon spotted parked in Letchworth on Thursday. Looked like a prefacelift, hence quite likely one of the first C5 S6s. Recognised the private plate - initials DKM - and the owner was sat in the car, but the situation meant I was unable to say hello. Super-stealthy in black - only the arches, badge and Avus 17s giving the game away....

Ian

[ QUOTE ]

Not that rare then... grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Drew's spot is an RS6. Enlarging the image in photoeditor makes visible the RS6 pipes - the naturally aspirated S6 has a much more subtle exhaust and rear splitter arrangement. The S6 and RS6 have totally different side sills, plus the S6 also does without the lip spoiler.

The S6 I spotted had 'Bradford Audi' marked plates, which kind of tied with the reason I was in Letchworth. I had a serious feeling I'd seen it before. Who, on Tyresmoke or RS246, has the initials DKM? Without directly blurting the plate out, the prefix and number were model specific.

Ian

As I said before, the S6 Avant looked Ok. Nothing special - which I guess is part of the appeal.

Me & my dad drove behind an RS6 in Guernsey for a while, and he didn't notice it & when I told him what it was, he said, 'It's an Audi estate - so what?'

Q cars are good in someways, but sometimes you just wanna show off!! FIREdevil.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Drew's spot is an RS6. Enlarging the image in photoeditor makes visible the RS6 pipes

[/ QUOTE ]

Apart from the RS6 badge on the bootlid, the fact it sits lower than the S6 and has RS6 alloys, those didn't give it away.... coffee.gifwink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but sh*t loads of S6s have had the 19s added afterwards. A badge is a badge. The sills and exhausts would cost a fortune....

Ian