C'mon....C'mon....MOVE IT!!!

MOSE

Kev,

After finally arriving home in the Neon, I jumped into the Monaro for a bit of therapy. Gone was the sound of the front wheel bearings grinding, the dashboard vibrating and the brakes squelling, all I could hear in the Monaro was that glorious V8 growl.....ah bliss 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Kev,

After finally arriving home in the Neon, I jumped into the Monaro for a bit of therapy. Gone was the sound of the front wheel bearings grinding, the dashboard vibrating and the brakes squelling, all I could hear in the Monaro was that glorious V8 growl.....ah bliss 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]The insult upon injury with most of these "Gutless Wonders" is that they typically don't do all that well with fuel economy! You get a 3 or 4 squirrel engine coupled with an automatic transmission and not only can you walk faster than the POS but it'd be cheaper to feed you than the car as well!

[ QUOTE ]

The insult upon injury with most of these "Gutless Wonders" is that they typically don't do all that well with fuel economy! You get a 3 or 4 squirrel engine coupled with an automatic transmission and not only can you walk faster than the POS but it'd be cheaper to feed you than the car as well!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the modern hi-tech 3 speed auto that does the damage on these cars.

Mainly made for pottering about the town. Anything faster, and the 3 speeder shows it's age and power sucking ability!

A 4 speeder would be so much better. (relative to the rest of the car)

The Omega - a fine RWD car! Same basic chassis as yours I think Mose??? GM make great auto boxes - smoothest auto I have ever used. Smooth as George Clooney in smooth land on smooth day!

Yeah, auto-box is great, specially wit the overdrive on it. They are prone for having faulty sensors, but the DIS computer picks up all error codes and they dead cheap to replace. So, another reason for buying one of these. Still got a good 100k left in it yet!

Mine is currently in and i have the pleasure of a 1.0l auto Micra! crazy.gif

Quite enjoyin the relaxing way i dont have to do any gear changes, but boy is it slow smashfreakB.gif

Also looks like a mobile advertising hoarding, got a big sticker on the side saying 'have me for £25 a week' - i feel like a ho-ho fekr.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Having a dashboard lit up light a xmas tree with warning lights is all the fun of owning a Vauxhall

[/ QUOTE ]

Once my (t)rusty old Chavalier lit up while doing motorway speeds. I phoned the dealer's service department and they said "Oh, we'll look at it next time you happen to bring it in for a service", and when I pointed out that the airbag light was on, and asked if this might mean the airbag would either fail to go off, or would go off on it's own, I was told "Look at the steering wheel. Is there a big white floppy thing dangling out of it? No? Then it won't go off, probably not even if you crash", which was slightly concerning.

Anyway, I still drove another 500 miles until I got back to Lincoln, then I could smell a really bad eggy smell, and under the bonnet was a bulging, hissing, hot acid-spitting battery. The alternator was overvolting and had cooked the battery and fried half the electrics. Oops.

F***ing Vauxhalls. But I still bought another one after that... Flush.gif

Found out something even funnier about the Neon just now. The wife has just returned home from a 300 mile return journey. While sitting in traffic, she was nosing about the car and found the user maual and all associated documentation. The car is a 2.0L......yelrotflmao.gif a 2.0L car that gets burned off by a Micra and a Uno.....classic!!!