Riz

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

Surely an Avant is big enough to keep a matress in the boot?

[/ QUOTE ] jump.gif Naaaa Im going to give some of the money I made to my dad, for the house etc..... and the rest goes on my pride and joy.... could even take a paycut at work and get a office job now... even less stress 169144-ok.gif

Riz pengy.gif

Mate - I seriously urge you to reconsider. Chasing a dream is one thing but I think you're getting a little carried away. I fear that after 9-12 months you could end up without your own place and with out the car.

It won't be cheap to run/own and I expect you to sell it (assumming you get one) not long after you've had it. You'll be crippled with the depreciation.

The other thing is why do you need an RS4? You wouldn't even put your R32 on a track so what you gonna do in this one? Pootle around?

Of course it's your decision but I'd feel I'd let you down as a "virtual mate" if I didn't let you know how I felt.

In summary I think this is a very wrong idea. You'll be lumbered with this decision for a long time to come.

Riz I have to say, please think this one over.

I don't want to be replying to your agony aunt posts in 6 months time about how much you hate living with your parents and how you've lost 10k already on your RS4 etc..and how it only does 12mpgs.

You may be a car fanatic - but this is just completely mad as far as I'm concerned.

The RS4 is a fantastic car, but I would NEVER sell my house to get one, surely having your own dwelling is far more important than having your dream car!

Yes you only live once, but trust us, this car is only a short term fix!

I doubt he'll get one anyways. My local dealer told me that orders were stopped by Audi UK the beginning of last week.

And if you go through with this you'll be mad!!

Not sure i agree with the depreciation factor but to sell your house for a car is sheer madness!

Keep your house and do what other people do and move back up the car tree at your own pace.

[ QUOTE ]

There are many great used cars out there, you could get something with the same road presence and performance for half the price and without the depreciation issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree Loddrik, there are some excellent M3s about now for very sensible prices, and probably cheaper to run than most new cars with the abscene of the first three years depriciation hit.

Riz, got to agree with the others. You got a place - try and hang on.

I was once very poor, wife, baby, poorly paid job, rented house ( rent & rate rebate + milk vouchers) very old Beetle that we couldn't afford ( and couldn't afford not to afford .....)

It is always a struggle at fiirst and I'm sure it makes you stronger eventually. Please don't do it. I have a house no mortgage three cars, no finance, owe nothing , nice expensive holidays in the Canaries, small place in Norfolk to retreat to and I'm not ordering one, I would'nt want to have to suffer the eventual depreciation nor would I want to live with the mpg - and I could write the cheque for one !!

You are a lucky guy -- you seem to have 'virtual'mates here who do not want you to mess it all up -- please listen to us

[ QUOTE ]

Riz, got to agree with the others. You got a place - try and hang on.

I was once very poor, wife, baby, poorly paid job, rented house ( rent & rate rebate + milk vouchers) very old Beetle that we couldn't afford ( and couldn't afford not to afford .....)

It is always a struggle at fiirst and I'm sure it makes you stronger eventually. Please don't do it. I have a house no mortgage three cars, no finance, owe nothing , nice expensive holidays in the Canaries, small place in Norfolk to retreat to and I'm not ordering one, I would'nt want to have to suffer the eventual depreciation nor would I want to live with the mpg - and I could write the cheque for one !!

You are a lucky guy -- you seem to have 'virtual'mates here who do not want you to mess it all up -- please listen to us

[/ QUOTE ]

Yer, what he said. Apart from the place in Norfolk, would't want to retreat there. Marbella is far nicer. wink.gif

Oh come on Riz!

A car or a flat? Hmmm... a flat.

A flat gives you somewhere to live, somewhere to have your own space (you'd drive your parents crazy) and somewhere to be able to do what you want - if you want to come back at 5am on a tuesday nite, then you're not gonna disturb anyone!!

The other thing is that, as nice a car as the RS4 looks, it is, at the end of the day, an Audi saloon. Why would you sell your flat to get a saloon? (even if it is a great car)

IMO, keep your flat, be happy with what you have (somewhere to live) and then move into new cars later. As others have suggested, go for an M3 or a chipped S3 or an R32 or a Maserati 3200. The RS4 will lose loads of money, and I recon that in three months you will hate her.

Keep the flat mate 169144-ok.gif

Riz,

you'd eb better moving back in with your parents and using that money to afford a deposit on some property and then use the monthly installments on a mortgage rather than a RS4..

the property will increase in value, the car will decrease in value.

Riz its mad selling your house to buy an Audi RS4.

Its nice thinking no bills at your parents home but in the long run you will so regret it, and i think most women would prefer knowing you had your own place to live in than an RS4 to drive about in.

If your car mad use your skill to purchase a fantastic used car.

What are you thinking of Riz?????

If this is another one of your "how to find Love" ideas, then this is the worst yet!!!! Ok so you will have the car, but it will be parked at Mummy and Daddys!

You have your own place, that is a lot better than a fast car!

DONT DO IT!! smashfreakB.gif

yelrotflmao.gif Well so what im raving mad! Will go into the propertly ladder again when "my career" is better! Its a mixture of things which has made me decide to get a RS4.

Work stress mainly, I`m in no position to quit work due to mortgage commitments.... and I dont feel good about it, they are taking advantage of me by dumping more and more work onto me which is making me feel bad/ill etc.

Moving back home will free up my income from my job and I could afford to take a small paycut and go for a 9 - 5.30 job..... ive always been nuts about cars and this is quite evident by this mad move.... but when my hearts set on something I go out and get it! 169144-ok.gif

The way I see it im still no worse of than before I got this place, except instead of a R32 on a loan, I will now own a fully paid for RS4, no debts!

No debts = go out more, pay for running of car and a easier life for now....

Ive got another property in mind anyway but Its highly unlikly that will be mine within the next 5 years min.

Riz sekret.gif

Don't want to piss on your chips, but if you sell your home to buy a car and have no alternative but to move home then you are a fool.

I hope you are on a mccombie or have a large inheritance or lottery win coming to you as this one move will probably cost you around the average uk salary when depreciation in the car and increase in the value of your property are taken into it, not to mention running costs and estate agents fees.

I get the impression your income isn't that far from this sort of value. Thus this move will cost you about 16 months take home pay.

I've made some sweeping assumptions on potential increase in property value and depreciation on the RS4 here but hopefully you appreciate what i'm trying to say.