Jealous Beemer drivers

joffan

My wife was on her way from home last night,she tangled with 4 people in a 7 series beemer,they decided that they couldn't beat her and then proceeded to try to run her off the road,her words are if it wasn't for the ESP system in the GTI I prob would be going to her funeral!!

Luckily the ESP system worked,shook her up a bit.

I now have one curbed alloy!! don't know where to take it to get it fixed?

FIREdevil.gif

Jon

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

My wife was on her way from home last night,she tangled with 4 people in a 7 series beemer,they decided that they couldn't beat her and then proceeded to try to run her off the road,her words are if it wasn't for the ESP system in the GTI I prob would be going to her funeral!!

FIREdevil.gif

Jon

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.gif

Yer thats what they all say. Probably just a parking ding mate. smirk.gif

Does make you wonder whether it is worth making your GTI "stealth" from the back. There's another thread here where the GTI badge was changed to "Golf" on left and "SDI" on the right.

If your wife is being cut up by idiots merely because she is a woman in a GTI this might be worth thinking about to try to avoid the problem in future....

[ QUOTE ]

FIREdevil.gif

Jon

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont take this the wrong way, but what did they have to be jealous of???

I have never heard of someone trying to run someone off the road for no reason, I take it they were in a traffic light grand prix or something similar???

Well I can assure you,it wasn't a parking accident mad.gif

and no she wasn't trying to race them,they just came up behind her trying to make her go faster,when she wouldn't play ball,they decided to run along side her making gestures at her then deliberatly tried to collide with her.

All reported to the police and she has witnesses,she pulled over after and someone stopped to see if she was ok.

The car is on 17's.

Thanks for the heads up re: Wicked Wheels 169144-ok.gif

I dont normally harp on about BMW drivers, having had a few beemers myself, but something happened to me today that seriously pissed me off and I am still pacing the place calling the guy all the names under the sun.

I was heading out of Farnham, towards Alton this afternoon and at a particular set of lights, a silver 03 plate M3 coupe pulled up in the middle lane besdie me. Two lads in their late 20s I think having a laugh and a giggle and making childish gestures as I looked out the passenger window. Sad bastards!

I knew exactly what was going to happen and after this experience, I am going to keep my camcorder in the car as proof. As soon as the traffic was slowing down for traffic moving over the crossraods, arsewipe in the M3 was revving the engine and trying his hardest to get my attention. And what happened next was exactly what I thought was going to happen. He launched the car and lost control of it so that he came to a standstill blocking two lanes. He saw me from the passenger window and I just clapped my hands and gave him a ****ers gesture. If I had caught it on camera I would have had no hesitation whatsoever in taking it to the station and showing them what had happened.

I could have been in a different frame of mind today and put my foot down at the lights, probably only to have gone right into the side of him when he lost it. Complete and utter prick, demonstrating exactly what can go wrong in situations like that!

I dont normally harp on about BMW drivers, having had a few beemers myself, but something happened to me today that seriously pissed me off and I am still pacing the place calling the guy all the names under the sun.

I was heading out of Farnham, towards Alton this afternoon and at a particular set of lights, a silver 03 plate M3 coupe pulled up in the middle lane besdie me. Two lads in their late 20s I think having a laugh and a giggle and making childish gestures as I looked out the passenger window. Sad bastards!

I knew exactly what was going to happen and after this experience, I am going to keep my camcorder in the car as proof. As soon as the traffic was slowing down for traffic moving over the crossraods, arsewipe in the M3 was revving the engine and trying his hardest to get my attention. And what happened next was exactly what I thought was going to happen. He launched the car and lost control of it so that he came to a standstill blocking two lanes. He saw me from the passenger window and I just clapped my hands and gave him a ****ers gesture. If I had caught it on camera I would have had no hesitation whatsoever in taking it to the station and showing them what had happened. He reversed the car slightly so he was only blocking the lane I was sat in, only to get a mouthful of abuse from the other drivers that were sat behind him, as they went past.

I could have been in a different frame of mind today and put my foot down at the lights, probably only to have gone right into the side of him when he lost it. Complete and utter prick, demonstrating exactly what can go wrong in situations like that!

ok I'll take the bait audi_smitten.

Seems from the original post that some twat in a BMW felt rather inadequate that a lady could have such superior taste in car's and felt the need to vent his frustrations at the mere audacity of said woman to be on the same road in anything other than a BMW!

Hence the attempt to shove the car from sight (in this instance a fine piece of automtive engineering in the form of a new GTi).

So it was a BMW driver - probably being egged on by his mates or trying to have some 'fun' --- roughly translated they were jealous at seeing this piece of genius on the road, while they were trundling along in a '01 7 series that forces them have intimate knowledge of every service station between Bristol and Dover!

[ QUOTE ]

ok I'll take the bait audi_smitten.

Seems from the original post that some twat in a BMW felt rather inadequate that a lady could have such superior taste in car's and felt the need to vent his frustrations at the mere audacity of said woman to be on the same road in anything other than a BMW!

Hence the attempt to shove the car from sight (in this instance a fine piece of automtive engineering in the form of a new GTi).

So it was a BMW driver - probably being egged on by his mates or trying to have some 'fun' --- roughly translated they were jealous at seeing this piece of genius on the road, while they were trundling along in a '01 7 series that forces them have intimate knowledge of every service station between Bristol and Dover!

[/ QUOTE ]

jump.gifjump.gifjump.gif

You see, there was no bait being offered, and the bit about superior choice????? WTF A golf GTi superior to a BMW??

I dont see it, but quite obviously, neither do you beerchug.gif