MK 5 LED Rear Lights

ROYLANCE

That's the one! - Hella - I remember now.

What do I think? - It depends on the colour of your car and also it helps if you also have Xenons because they are silvery and shiny as well. I prefer the VW standard or smoked rear lights and would wait and see what LEDs VW might bring out on the Mk5 later. I would want to see them in real life and I don't dislike the OEM lights enough to want to change them.

I'd rather put the money towards a performance mod such as suspension. But, each to their own, as always. 169144-ok.gif

I must say I don't really like the Led rear lights, it looks like someone has smashed your rear lenses or you have four big reversing lights. Maybe if they were smoked lenses it would look better.

However they do look good when the are on. Although if you look at the passat ones from the side it looks like half of the Leds aren't on.

[ QUOTE ]

The BMW ones look awesome when on, especially at night. Otherwise they tend to look 'bling' and definitely look crunched!

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that, my BMW ones looked stunning. I love LED rear lights, just not the aftermarket dung.gif. They always over design them.

Now that the Passat has LEDs and Hill Start, seems logical that they might come to the Golf for the 2007 model.

They'd be missing a trick if they didn't - supposedly LEDs weigh less and pull less power, so add to performance, even if only marginally!

[ QUOTE ]

I think the Hella ones look crap. It would make my Gti look like a Seat Ibiza. No no no no no!

Found some more -

Check this thread out at

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59

I never knew there was some many options available.

I too prefer the ones that look like the OE lights as in reply 19 but where can i get them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've yet to see a car with so many aftermarket tail light options yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif