Merc C320CDI - Bit of a sleeper

MattR32

Had a little go in the bosses brand new Merc today.

Have to say that it's one hell of a car!

The new 320CDI engine is fantastic and even sounds nice and woofly. The 7 speed "tiptronic" style gearbox works a treat, the chassis felt very sorted and the brakes are superb.

It's got a more sporty interior than many Mercs with black leather and ally trim - More plasticky than anything Audi or BMW but still pretty good.

It's also very subtle - Only 245 section tyres and nice alloys give it away.

A very quick and subtle car for those "in the know" 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It's a shame the Merc dealer network is so appalling and there seem to be some stubborn build quality doubts - Mercedes are beginning to produce some very interesting cars. A friend with "access" to several press cars ( sekret.gif ) had a day in a C320CDi and loved it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never had any probs with Merc dealers

Hughes @ Aylesbury & Beaconsfield were top notch with me! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It's a shame the Merc dealer network is so appalling and there seem to be some stubborn build quality doubts - Mercedes are beginning to produce some very interesting cars. A friend with "access" to several press cars ( sekret.gif ) had a day in a C320CDi and loved it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never had any probs with Merc dealers

Hughes @ Aylesbury & Beaconsfield were top notch with me! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be the only two good ones in the uk then. pengy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Yep it's a fabulous bit of kit, I believe it's the new V6 E320 CDI that has recently replaced the straight six diesel they've fitted in everything up until now.

I wouldn't mind one but it's rather expensive for a C Class! It would be great with a Brabus re-map!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep - It's an all new lighter and much more hi tec block than the old 320CDI engine - Seems to rev more freely and sounds better.

It's the least dieselly sounding derv I've heard yet.

Getting rather fond of big block diesels in my old age. coffee.gif