Charcoal Filter

Anyone else had trouble with that annoying ticking noise?.Seems to be coming from charcoal filter.Only trouble is its intermitent.Whats the chances of it ticking when you let techie listen to it at stealers...yes thats right zero! Does it affect the overall running of the engine at all? Or is it something you just have to live with? openfire.gif

No Hotdog.Iuse Arthur Prince in Loughborough.Normally they're quite helpful(certain techies anyway),all they said was"they do tick anyway but we could fit you a new one and be no different".So i left it at that.But i was just wondering if anyone else had this issue. sportifs2.gif

[ QUOTE ]

No Hotdog.Iuse Arthur Prince in Loughborough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good start grin.gif

Mine has a squeaking noise from under the bonnet when its hot so I guess I'll have to get the lube spray out smile.gif

Or, I might just take it to the dealers as there's a few other bits I want looked at

I've never noticed the ticking filter but I know there were noisy fuel pump issues on early cars.

Had mine replaced a few weeks ago it should tick slightly that's normal however mine was vibrating really badly sometimes. It did'nt do it when the tech had a look but they changed it no problem the new one according to the tech is slightly different in design. If it had'nt been covered by warranty it was over £120 iirc 169144-ok.gif

The ticking is completely normal Red32 - nothing to panic about. You can find out if something else is ticking by simply removing the connector from the top of the charcoal filter for a couple of minutes. Don't forget though that the injectors tick away (quietly) like crazy.

beerchug.gif