Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jase1

GTI stolen in leeds

158 posts in this topic

I delivered brand new GTI DSG to my customer only yesterday, she took car home and called me this morning, she has woken up this morning to find door forced and handbag taken with both sets of keys in, car had done 16 miles!!! So keep an eye out for 55 plate GTI DSG in BLUE GRAPHITE with 17" wheels, basically standard car. fekr.gif

horrible, but at least it's insured and they got the keys and left, worse things can happen.

she's a bit of a deep sleeper though, have already started to clear out my garage of junk, so i can fit new arrival in, at least thru high novelty value phase!

[ QUOTE ]

I always keep my car key in the bedroom, just next to my baseball bat... sportifs2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave it downstairs. A car can be replaced.

Fully agree with James, if someone breaks into my house and wants my keys, fine, they can take them. Its only a car 169144-ok.gif

The situation here when I went to insure the car was that with a 6 month waiting list the car was consider 'high risk' for theft. This means that if the car is at home it has to be parked on the drive - not on the street ( I don't have a garage). Not something I did everynight with the previous A3 1.8T

So each night the car is placed behind a 6 foot fence but if people are keen enough to break into a house, take the keys then take the car the locks on the gates - about 40 metres from where I sleep are not going to deter too many really committed thieves.

What's more the waiting time on deliveries isn't getting any shorter. It is appartenely now up to 8 months for certain specs. I guess this means its even more of a target.

I understand the: "it's only a car argument"

But without wishing to be political or anything, these scum are coming into your house.......

I for one dont want to live in a society, where the sensible thing is to:

"leave your keys in a convenient place"

so you can go to bed at night without worrying about whether some M******* F***** can break in without attacking you or your family, because he or they want your motor....

I guess we might as well leave the front door unlocked as well?

Without wishing to sound like "Bronson" If someone decides to break into my house, when I am physically in it.......that is there gamble...

Hi Mainy 169144-ok.gif

Well it's about time we took back the law, for people who are fecking law abiding...............

That lady has to sleep in that house tonight.......think about it...........

hey.....just another victimless crime,they only took her car, she should be grateful they did'nt attack her.............that's where it is all going........

Down the Flush.gif

lol, looks like i shall be spending the night sharpening the teeth on my King Charles Spaniel, he can soften them up for me, then Mr Baseball bat can show them the door grin.gif

My neighbour has had his X5 stolen 4 times in 3 months crazy.gif

Bloke over the road had his 2.0T S-Line A4 Avant taken last month.

Both through break ins and taking the keys.

Gates being fitted on Monday, CCTV goes up tommorrow!

Call me paranoid, maybe, but i'm not going to be one of these muppets that decides to install deterrents after the event.

It just shows that as car security gets better, the muppets will find other ways of trying to take it from you.

I'm lucky enough to live in an area where nothing much ever happens, but I'm always wary of driving into the centre of Birmingham in the GTI due to a spate of car jackings. There was a story not so long ago where a teacher had her R32 carjacked as she drove into the school where she worked.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I always keep my car key in the bedroom, just next to my baseball bat... sportifs2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave it downstairs. A car can be replaced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I've had 2 cars stolen, but I'm still alive! 169144-ok.gif

I'm always very paranoid when I drive around, I've actually done counter-surveillence manouvers when I thought I was being followed. This basically means appearing to take a wrong turn and then either turning around or taking three left turns as such. I've yet to be followed, but it's worth it if you see someone suspicious behind you.

If I got carjacked or my house got broken into I honestly don't know what I'd do. My sensible side says to let them get on with it as it's "only" a car, however my enraged and fed up with the "criminal is the victim" approach of UK law would likely lash out.

Although I can't really condone violence in general, if someone breaks into your house then they, imho, lose ALL rights as a human being and should accept the consequences...

im a nutter i have a bow set up on my bedroom wall and all the bedrooms have locks on the doors. If my family were in my house at the time i would not fight back but thats only the weekend at the moment so anyone wanting my car during the week will get a very nasty shock as an arrow fecking hits them. (obviously i would warn them befor letting fly) 10 seconds should be enough. fekr.gifs openfire.gif

hope the potential thief comes armed with an apple on his head. laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif

After seeing on the North East News last night how easy it is to remove the lock barrel of 99.999% of alloy or UPVC home doors. I know no keys will be left anywere in the house and if the cars outside and we have gone out any keys that have not gone with us will be in the safe. The security of these so called home doors is shockingly bad and so easy to brake into. mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

only if he is dressed like robin hood. But id be wetting myself if that was the case. yelrotflmao.gif

On a serious note though, anyone finding themselves in this situation (God forbid), needs to remember that, as satisfying as it would be to administer a good kicking to the scumbag, it could land you in the. You dont want to be sat behind bars with the GTi (and possibly said scumbag)on the street

[ QUOTE ]

On a serious note though, anyone finding themselves in this situation (God forbid), needs to remember that, as satisfying as it would be to administer a good kicking to the scumbag, it could land you in the. You dont want to be sat behind bars with the GTi (and possibly said scumbag)on the street

[/ QUOTE ]

Wise words. It could also land you in 6ft hole frown.gif

Best to hand over the keys, say thank you for robbing me and let them get on with it. Sad, but true frown.gif

Maybe it's time for a tracker. That way you always get to feck em back! ha.gif